London Model Engineering Exhibition 2006

It will be the first time i've attended the London Model Engineerin

Exhibition at the Alexandra Palace 20/21 Jan 2006, can anyone enlighte me as to what to expect?. Which day would be best to go, the saturda or the sunday? Am hoping to do a feature on it for the websit

so any input on things to look out for, take not of much appreciated

-- Ro

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Roy's Profile:

this thread:

Roy

Club stands displaying models ... finished and part built. Trade stands covering most of everything a model engineer will want from new to second-hand. It's a good show to go to see an interesting selection of model engineering activity in railways, road haulage, boats and workshop tools plus a bit more.

Reply to
Alan Marshall

Thanks for the reply Alan, i shall certainly look forward to visitin

the exhibition then. Might have to leave the cards and chequebook a home though as i know what i'm like;

-- Ro

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Roy's Profile:

this thread:

Roy

Obviously on the first day, there's more stuff available to buy

however, on the afternoon of the last day, selected things often star getting discounted rather than take them back.

Don't forget there's also the show at Sandown Park Racecourse (Esher Surrey) between Christmas and the New Year (28th, 29th and 30th Dec which is also extremely good. This one has slightly better parking IM if you're buying a lot of heavy stuff

-- DX-SF

----------------------------------------------------------------------- DX-SFX's Profile:

this thread:

DX-SFX

If you could only make it to one show, which one would you choose? I

looks to me like Ali Pali has better public transport l>

-- amcne

----------------------------------------------------------------------- amcnee's Profile:

this thread:

amcnee

From experience of the last 3 years, the show now at Ali Pali is much better.

Reply to
Gary Wooding

There's more exhibits displayed at Ali Pally and it's usually les

crowded both purely because it's a physically bigger venue. From train and bus point of view it too probably has the edge overal (Sandown still is easier by car IMHO) but in all other respects they'r very similar. If you're going to buy then there's virtually n difference since it's pretty much the same vendors. I think it mostl depends on which one is nearer to where you live. I've not checked bu from memory I think Sandown is slightly cheaper to get into as well

-- DX-SF

----------------------------------------------------------------------- DX-SFX's Profile:

this thread:

DX-SFX

Coming from central Scotland, Harrogate is about as far south as I car to drive for a day at a show. I went to Donnington last year and it wa very convenient, A cheap flight from Edinburgh to East Midland Airport, a brisk 30 minute walk and I was there for the doors opening The move to Warwick dissapointed me on travel grounds. The entrance t both exhibitions is 8 pounds on the day but is insignificant on top o air/train fares. Ali Pali it is then.

Archi

-- amcne

----------------------------------------------------------------------- amcnee's Profile:

this thread:

amcnee

Actually you could easily equate Donnington to Sandown. I've been t

both and I'd say they're roughly similar. Ideal if you hate travelling

-- DX-SF

this thread:

DX-SFX

I think that should be 29th, 30th and 31st Dec ?

Um...

Cheers !

Mike

Reply to