student edition differences

I would like to buy SW Student Edition for my son but it appears that
it is quite different than the regular edition. What exactly is
different? What is a "soft lock"? Will he be able to send files to
companies for internships? How about create drawings so that he can
include them with his resume?
John
Reply to
John Rogers
I have purchased the Student Edition of Solidworks 2005-2006 as well. There is one glitch I can relay to you. Whenever a drawing is printed out, an automatic printed message is included that the software is to be used for educational purposes only. I have not seen any lameness yet comparing it to my SW 2004 software.
Reply to
Erika Layne
Thank you for your reply. Can anyone else verify that there are no other things different with the software other than the printing watermark?
John
Reply to
John Rogers
"John Rogers" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
... That stays attached to the drawing (/assy, part?) forever, even opened with a "regular" edition.
JM
Reply to
Jean Marc