SolidWorks Student Design Kit Problem!!!

Hello, i am a student and as part of a class I'm taking we received SolidWorks Student Design Kit 2006 to work from home.

the problem is after successfully installing SolidWorks (from the downloaded 1.2GB file) when i try to run SolidWorks the computer "thinks" for a few seconds and then nothing happens as if i didn't open the app at all. no logo, no window, no error, no log, solid.exe process appears for a few seconds in the Task Manager and then disappears. after the first attempt the solid.exe doesn't even shows up.

Please help. I'm using an LG LS55 notebook (512Mb RAM, 1.73 GHz, ATI Radeon Mobility X300 with correct driver version - as listed at systematic), WinXP Pro SP2, IE7.

No Antivirus / Ad-ware / Firewall running during install.

all disabled, shut down. installation completed successfully, then AV restored.

when running SolidRX to diagnose - everything is fine (checked green).

when i try to run SW from inside SWRx with either option (Software OpenGL / Bypass the Tools/Options settings) i still get the momentary issue - an even shorter one than a regular launch attempt.

What is going on??? Please help - i need it to work for my assignments.

Thank you,

Guy.

Reply to
Guy