Sweep Problem

Well lets call it a puzzle as opposed to a problem! Attached is a file that contains a profile and path sketch for a part I need to create. Does anyone wanna take a shot at getting this sweep to work?

File:

SoCalMike

Ok, that link doesnt work, so here is a different way:

Once you save the file, change the file extension to .sldprt and it will open in SW 2007

Reply to
SoCalMike

Couple of issues with the path.

First, you have some segements that arent connected at the end points. I deleted the bad segment and sketched a new one.

Second, you have a bend in the path that is too tight for the dia of the dircle. I started from the last segement and kept converting the segments (one by one) to construction geometry to find the bad radius. It's approx the 2nd one form the profile sketch. If I change the circle dia to .125 everything works fine.

Your going to have to change the circle dia or adjust the problem radius of the path in order to get this to work.

If you want the file back shoot me an e-mail at snipped-for-privacy@removethisrobrodriguez.com

SoCalMike wrote:

Rock Guy