2003 SP5 3DSketches

All,

I've noticed some decidedly weird behaviour with 3D sketches in 2003Sp5.0:

1a. create a route path with straight lines and dimension until fully constrained 1b. fillet the lines some arbitrary amount, with constrained corners checked 1c. delete a fillet dimension 1d. select dimension tool and try to re-dimension the radius - I can't pick it!

2a. model two blocks (same size, shape and orientation, but offset in x, y and z) in a part file.

2b. start a 3d sketch and pick and convert an equivalent edge on both bodies (if this makes sense if not, let me know in the group and I'll send the part) 2c. drag the furthest endpoints towards each other and then connect with a third line. 2d. dimension from the end point of one of the lines in 2b to the face at which the other end point is anchored. repeat for the other line and your sketch yould be fully constrained 2e. add two fillets (keep constraints on) - the connecting line becomes underconstrained. why? 2f. try to change the fillet radius. sketch is now overconstrained. why?

Might be time for a call to the VAR.

Any other weirdness noted?

Chris

Reply to