Combining lines?

I created a box of mutiple lines. Top, left, right and bottom. How do I combine there lines to be one object?

Ron

OH yeah, I am just starting with autocad 2004 and have only had one tutorial so far.

Reply to
Ronald Taylor

If the lines meet at their ends, use the Pedit command, pick any one of the lines and use the Join option to join all four lines. If the lines do not meet exactly, use the Pedit command to change any one line into a Polyline (just read the prompts). Hit Enter to terminate the command. Start the Fillet command, type R and set the radius value to zero. Now Fillet the lines starting with the one already converted to a polyline. You may need to use the Trim command at the last corner.

John B

johnbogie btinternet.com Put the "at" in the gap.

Reply to
john

Type in "pedit" and select any of the lines. The prompt will say "object selected is not a polyline Do you want to turn it into one? " hit enter to select the default "yes" response. The command line will now say "enter an option", with a number of options available, enter "j" for join. Now select the other three lines to join them to the original and enter. Hit enter again to end the command. Done! If you wish to separate these lines (actually now a polyline) later you will have to "explode" the object.

Reply to
Chuck

Reply to
Ronald Taylor