Subject: How can I save a BLOCK to show up as dotted lines in a DWG file?

I am fairly new to AutoCAD and am trying to save a BLOCK in a certain way but can't seem to get the final result I want. I am working in AutoCAD R14 (I know it's not the latest version, but that's all I have). Anyhow, I have set up a series of connecting splines that make up a client's company logo and am now trying to connect all of those lines to form a single object. I know that I have to use the BLOCK command to do so, however I'm not quite sure how to save the lines that make up the logo so that when I save and reopen the DWG file in question, the lines that will show will only be dotted lines which make up a single BLOCK object.

Could someone please give me step by step instructions on how to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
Phil Spyder
  1. Create your Drawing
  2. Are you JOINING the SPLINES?
  3. Do you have the Linetype DOTS loaded?
  4. In R14 do you have the option to change the Linetype Scale? a. This could be the issue in that the dots just are too close together to be seen (seems unlikely, but could be)
  5. If all of the above is okay, type WBLOCK and follow the prompts.
  6. Insert your block into a new drawing. AND
  7. Please explain the steps you used to get R14 working on today's Window machines. Funny statement about it not being the latest version. What decade was R14 used in again? Regards, Charles Shade
Reply to
cshadedesign.com

R14 should run OK on XP... I know people who are still using R13 on it...

Mart> 1. Create your Drawing

Reply to
Rowley

Thanks for your reply, Charles. Actually, installing R14 on Windows was quite easy, but I do realize that I should eventually upgrade to the latest version of AutoCAD. R14 is like what at least 10 years old... LOL. I could probably use the newer features and updated help files!

Reply to
Phil Spyder

Depending on what you're doing with it - R14 is still just as useful as the latest version of the software...

I use 2008 all day long at work, and really there isn't much that I do that couldn't be done in R14... yeah, 2008 has some neat bells and whistles but the core drafting functions are pretty much the same as they've always been...

Martin

Reply to
Rowley

Nice to know that R14 works so well. Have you had any luck with the Block? Regards, Charles Shade

Reply to
cshadedesign.com

Yes... Everything worked out nicely... :)

Reply to
Phil Spyder

Glad to know. Regards, Charles Shade

Reply to