How to make a good dwg?

Since Acad DWG is still a "standard" format in communication, does anyone know how to achieve a good DWG from a drawing in SW.

When I say SW drawing, I mean with all the dimensions, tolerances etc...

I would like to have single layer for object lines, single for dimension lines, hidden lines etc..

Is that possible?

Thanks for your answers.

Oz.

Reply to
yozotrinity

"yozotrinity" a écrit dans le message de news: dmh83h$mac$ snipped-for-privacy@ss405.t-com.hr...

Troll? Time for some SW class? SW drawings are good enough for us, and for communication I'd choose *.pdf.

Yes, although most dimensions are send by electronic format to NC progr.

That's what we use, nobody here uses layers.

We achieve that every day.

HIH JM

Reply to
Jean Marc

When you save as dwg/dxf, look into the options there. You'll find tools for a map file that can assign things to layers and colors as you suggest.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Also, SW translates its layer structure to DXF & DWG. If your dimensions are on a certain layer in a SW drawing, that layer will show up in the DXF/DWG translation.

As far as object lines, hidden lines, that may be a tad more difficult. You can place your part or assemby on a specific layer in the drawing and those layer properties will carry through to DXF/DWG. For assemblies, you can even put individual components on separate layers. This is done by selecting the part or component from the feature tree and changing the properties.

Reply to
That70sTick