Importing dwg into SW part

It seems whenever I import a dwg file into SW part file I spend a considerable amount of time using "check sketch for feature" until all the
non-connecting and overlapping lines, arc segments are corrected. The AutoCAD files I'm receiving are often exported from another 3D application. The AutoCAD file does not have overlapping lines where they appear in SW part file sketches. Seems like SW is creating it's own additional geometry.
Is there anyway to quickly clean up the imported dwg in prep for transformation into a base parts?
Kman
If you are generating the DWG from another solid modeler, there may be some `flattening' going on, where any lines not completely on the original workplane are being projected down and thus you get the cases of overlap or open corners. Getting an ACIS (*.sat) file, importing that, and using FeatureWorks may be a better way to go but not necessarily much faster. You could also run the file through some other DWG editor like IntelliCAD and use a joining function there, but again it may not prove to be any faster than what you are doing now. If the problem is primarily overlapping lines rather than open corners, you may be able to use the select contours option as an easier way to get an extrudable profile, and then just live with the messy sketches. If you control the other 3D app that you are getting the files from, simply removing some key features such as the holes and fillets, and then exporting an SAT file, will give you a good base body that you can then work with in SolidWorks and save you the trouble of dealing with the individual sketches.
DesignSmith

application.
geometry.
Update: AutoCAD express tool found and deleted 2740 overlapping lines in the dwg file. No wonder SW become so slow after importing this file.
Kman

the

My experience is that the errors are normally there to begin with.

3d dxf files? you are importing 3d sketches into a part for features?

See if the lines in acad USED to be centerlines, etc, and are now geometry.
If not, see if the geometry was previously on a hidden layer.
Or try the following: With a SW part file open, but NO sketch active, AND Autocad open, select your sketch Geom in acad and select "Edit", "Copy". Switch to Solidworks and select "Edit", "Paste". The Geometry should be pasted into a new sketch in Solidworks.

the
Your right on. I was mistaken when I said there were no overlapping geometry in the AutoCAD file. I have noticed that some of the geometry is not on the same plane.

application.
The dwg files are of automotive components so I am reasonably confident they originated from a solid or surfaces.

geometry.
Doesn't appear to be the case.

Nope,
This method doesn't appear to reduce the geometry overlapping

if you've ever kept on (in Acad) exploding a solid to surfaces, then exploding again, etc, that is what you will end up with, dual overlapping lines where the edges of each solid (used to) meet.
It may well be easier for you if they could send you a dumb solid: import THAT in SW, and if you cant parametricize the features, you could at least extract the edges for each SW sketch