Importing IGES files

How can I import a set of Nurbs Curves as Iges into Solidworks a sketch curves for creating surfaces. I tried and it seems the conten of Iges file considered by Solidworks as a single sketch. How can make the imported curves into separate sketches Thanks in advance for any comment

Reply to
khorram

One of the options available during the translation of IGES files into SolidWorks is for Curves to be imported either as sketches or curves.

You'll find that the default is for the importation to be as sketch(es), so in order to get separate entities, the import as curves setting needs to be selected.

Per O. Hoel

Reply to
POH

Really it doesn't matter which you do, you can always make either a composite curve to join other curves or sketches or make a new sketch with convert entities to use sketch elements or curve entities separately or together, or you could use loft to loft from curve entities or use contour select to select a single spline from a sketch with many splines. No shortage of options in that direction.

Reply to
matt