poser to solidworks

I'm trying to use Cadmus Raindrop Geomagic to convert poser files to the correct file type to import into Solidworks. I'm assuming from previous posts that I export from Poser as an OBJ, then add a surface in Geomagic and export as an IGES.

When I try and import the OBJ into Geomagic the software seems to stall at 7% of the file imported every time.

Any ideas on how I can get this file to import?

Reply to
will

Hi Will,

Check this link:

I'm surprised GM didn't give you an error. ...maybe the long wait is GM 'thinking' about it before it loads.

How big is OBJ file?

sjm1

Reply to
sjm1.pitt

I did a search in google with 'poser obj export geomagic' and it showed an older discussion in the newsgroup about this problem.

$ss4$ snipped-for-privacy@paris.btinternet.com

Reply to
sjm1.pitt

Its a bit of a nightmare trying to figure out this software without a manual. I've just been told to use this at work, but no one here at the moment knows anything about the software. This is Raindrop Geomagic Cadmus Fashion 6.

Anyway I've managed to open an STL file (still working on the OBJ).

Does anyone know of any online help/tutorials as I'd just like to know the basics of adding a surface to this part (which is just a basic cube) to export as an IGES... or even what the meshs, clubs and regions are used for. This software appears to be so basic but the controls are so confusing!

Reply to
will

here's a link for a online demo:

you may need to find the install cd's and run the tutorial, it's better than the manual.

sjm1.pitt

Ah thats not the software I have. I have a much more basic version. No wonder it seemed impossible.

Reply to
will

here's what I found:

you would thick the underlying software was GM Studio, I should have a CD with the tutorial for Studio here somewhere, 5 ,6 ,7 or 8

Reply to
sjm1.pitt

I have translated poserfiles via rhino into solidworks. I wanted to render a nice model into one of our chairs. But photoworks cant handele the surface models, so nothing shows up only the solids work. Its better to export your solidworks stuff to a different renderer.

Best regards, Bram

Reply to
bvw

Yeh, I have tried Rhino, but for some reason the Solidworks model will be brought in at a completely different scale to the Poser model... massive human, small model.

I think I might try and bring poser models into maxwell render. Although I have a feeling it will crash.

Reply to
will

Could you mail me if this works in maxwell. We are thinking of buying the maxwell software. Because photoworks is to hard to control and predict the result.

Thanks, Bram

"will" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
bvw