Tables and point clouds

I can create a point cloud from a table but how do I get a table from a

2d point cloud that is not dimensioned.

Here is what has taken place. I have a picture that I put on a plane with several points. I then scaled the picture with a referance line and sketched the points via the picture free hand. Now can I take these points and create a table with x,y co-ordinates?

Ben

Reply to
Ben Eadie

See this thread from yesterday:

Dale Dunn

Thanks Dale!

Looks good but I cannot seem to make it work. Now I have tried selecting the sketch and running the macro with excel open, nothing happens, Tried making the sketch active running the macro... nothing (literally nothing it is as if I never ran the macro??? Am I missing the obvious here.

Man I should give up on the whole macro thing. it seems every time I get one it takes forever to figure out how to use it and makes me fell like an absolute idiot.

Ben

Dale Dunn wrote:

Reply to
Ben Eadie

Hopefully someone can jump in, as I don't really know how to use tha macro either. Reading the code, it looks like it should create a new session of Excel. It also looks like you should have the sketch selected when yo urun the macro. The thread I pointed to was about points in a 3DSketch. That's probably the problem. If you're picking points over an image, I suppose you're using a 2d sketch. Perhaps that's the trouble.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Just tried a 3D sketch and still no go appreciate the effort though. I have ordered some macro and vba books and hopefully after some study I can pull my head out of my arse and see what is going on with code like this.

Ben

Reply to
Ben Eadie

Thanks Dale!

Looks good but I cannot seem to make it work. Now I have tried selecting the sketch and running the macro with excel open, nothing happens, Tried making the sketch active running the macro... nothing (literally nothing it is as if I never ran the macro??? Am I missing the obvious here.

Man I should give up on the whole macro thing. it seems every time I get one it takes forever to figure out how to use it and makes me feel like an absolute idiot.

Ben

Dale Dunn wrote:

Reply to
Ben Eadie