3D Point Cloud

I have a data file of 3D points. What is the fastest way of importing that information into solidworks to produce a surface thru them or at least influenced by them us the "shape feature" feature.

Gary

Reply to
Hallman

You can create quasi-parallel splines using the points as and then loft the splines together to make a surface. If it is a more complicated cloud, you can divide it up into logical areas and then surface each area. You can then extend and trim the surfaces as needed.

If more complex point cloud processing is required, here's a nice little overview:

For medium complexity point cloud processing there are a couple midrange (inexpensive) solutions:

-

- "Modeler" package is minimum to get the reverse engineering capabilities. $2k but free if you attend a VX seminar. My company got one license free by attending, license does not expire.

-

- $4k They have a free 30 day demo, just ask.

For high end point cloud processing:

-

- about $20k

-