getting component names using SolidWorks API

I am using Solidworks API in VC++ 6.0. How can I get the parts' names in an assembly file? I could find there are some functions like "getComponents"... but not sure whether they are the correct ones I should use.

Thanks!

Reply to
yung

There is an example in the API help that shows exactly how to do this.

Reply to
TOP

I use VB not C++, so you will have to translate, but here is the The following shoud do it:

  1. use GetComponents
  2. cycle through each component in the groups of components
3, use component2.name2 or component.getpathname
  1. if you want to "work" the the modeldoc object of the component, then you can use component2.getmodeldoc or activatedoc or opendoc

"yung" wrote in news:1143078825.987544.71970 @t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Tony Lissington