SW API creating Stand alone Executable

Hi All,

I am using Solid Works API in VC++ 6.0. I am creating stand alone executables(*.EXE). I have initialized the solid works environment. When I try to open OpenDoc6 API in silent mode Solid works session also

starts along with it. I want my stand alone *.exe application should run without opening solid works.

Expecting your feed backs...

Regards, Saravana

Reply to
Saravana

Not possible. OpenDoc6 is a command that must function within a running SW session.

You could possible open an invisible SW session. I've done it by accident. I'm sure it can be done intentionally if you try. Just don't forget to close the session when your program is finished.

Reply to
That70sTick

"That70sTick" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

May be he can add a routine that start sldworks.exe as a background service first, then the programs executes the various operation that it has to do, and then another routine stop the service started before.

Reply to
secdef

Silent mode doesn't necessarily mean invisible.

Initialize and then Open SW first via Code in a HIDDEN Window. Avoid any commands that require or set Focus. Since you cant set focus to a hidden window, this may be your issue.

Are you doing this via .Net or straight C++?

Reply to
Tim Markoski