Upgrade from stand alone SW to Network license. Recommendations please

I currently have a stand alone copy of SW2007. We just upgraded it to SW Office Professional and converted the license to a network version. I have received the linense file and I am ready to "go". I will have help from our IT dept, but I am looking for a recommended procedure.

Do I need to uninstall my copy of SW to convert it to SW Office Pro? Any thoughts......

Thanks

Monty

Reply to
Monty

Monty wrote in news:1190644304.587861.68430@

22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

Even if it is technically possible to "change" the install to a network version, your best bet is going to be the uninstall/reinstall from scratch route. It's essentially a change in serial number, but I am about 99% sure you'll save time and effort to just uninstall completely and start over.

Make sure to run the copy setting wizrd if you want to keep your UI customizations and settings. I usually search the registry for all things SW and delete them, but that level of effort is probably not called for here, and if you're not familiar with the registry, stay away from that idea. I've only once screwed up a registry (luckily it was at home), and it cost me a windows reinstall.

The whole process is probably less then an hour, and will improve your chanced of getting a stable SW installation.

Good luck.

MHill

Reply to
MHill

THANKS

Reply to
Monty

Don't forget to copy you template files to some safe place. I believe an Uninstall/Reinstall will delete them.

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
Jerry Steiger