Licensing question....

Is this possible?

Fist off, I have already talked to my VAR, but I believe he didn't quite understand my question.

Currently, we have two seats of SWX Office Professional. These are floating licenses, and include two concurrent licenses for PDMWorks and two concurrent licenses for SWX. Having grown our staff in the last year, we have several project engineers who have learned to use the PDMWorks repository for read-only access. We would like to add a couple more PDMWorks licenses to our network to allow more concurrent users to access the data. Due to SolidWorks pricing, the stand alone licenses for PDMWorks are $495 and the floating are $995. Is it possible for us to purchase two stand alone licenses that will be used on the two design workstations, and then the two floating licenses would be available for the 6 project engineers to share? This would end up with the floating SWX license being utilized with a fixed PDMWx license.

Is this at all possible, or am I just dreaming, and should buy floating? the double price tag is what is going to kill me when I talk to the boss man.

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave Nay

I believe the floating PDM licences need a dongle to work on a non-SolidWorks station. Thats what we were given when we bought some extra PDM Works stand-alone licences (2 years ago). Brad

Reply to
Brad