Network Licence Question

We just received our network copy of SW. I know with stand-alone copies of SW one can install a copy on a "home computer" Is that possible with a Network copy or will I have to be connected to the work server? If I need to be connected to the server, is that just during the install or will I have to be connected whenever I use SW?

Thank Monty

Reply to
Monty

My info is a year or so old. Our VAR told us we can not install licences at home with network SW licences. It might work if you maintain a connection to your licence server while you run SW. As I understand SW will ping the licence server at regular intervals while you work. Brad

Reply to
Brad

You need to contact your var to receive a special SN for home installation only. Your company may install up to the number of seats your are network licensed for on home computers.

Reply to
Keith Streich

Actually it is a home use dongle. It is white instead of green and you have to sign a home use disclaimer. and as Keith stated you have to get it through your VAR

Corey

Reply to
CS

Maybe a dongle outside the US? I have a special SN for my SW home usage (NO DONGLE).

Reply to
Keith Streich

Spoke to my WAR, he will be setting me up for home use

Reply to
Monty