Applicon Bravo

I got a problem with Applicon Bravo in which the system just crash. This system is running for more than 10 years and I wish to transfer the software to another NT base system. Unfortunately, Applicon company does not exist anymore and I got trouble on security even thou I have the security dongle but unable to retrieve the key. Any suggestion ? ( and I wish to run this thru virtual machine)

Reply to
MLA Gabuya

Were you able to find a solution to this? I am in the opposite predicament where I cannot install this software on newer workstations.

Reply to
mr.gigsworth

system is running for more than 10 years and I wish to transfer the softwar e to another NT base system. Unfortunately, Applicon company does not exist anymore and I got trouble on security even thou I have the security dongle but unable to retrieve the key. Any suggestion ? ( and I wish to run this thru virtual machine)

Bravo will run on a 32 bit system (xp or older) but not on a 64 bit system. First you need a file named nodelock with your license information on it. If your old system is still up or if your old hard drive still works (conec t to differnt pc) copy this file and put on new pc c:\ifor\ls\conf\nodelock . Check by going to start menu all programs ifor nodelock. this should bri ng a list of your license's. If you are running Windows 7 64 bit there is a free program on the microsoft web site called "windows vitural pc" in it i s "windows xp mode" Load your bravo soft ware on it ith your nodelock. If you have prodlems e-m ail me at snipped-for-privacy@c-a-m.com. We are moveing to Edgecam but we have over 20 thousand programs and it takes a lot of time so I have to be able to ru n bravo for a long time yet.

Reply to
ernie.reedy

A quick google indicates the following

This appears to be very old [obsolete] software. I don't know where you are located, but in the slightly longer run, it would most likely be much more cost effective to upgrade to a newer 64 bit computer running Linux, and an alternate open source app replacing Aplicon Bravo. Much depends what you are doing, but the successor products listed are very heavy duty such as Catia [think AirBus].

Jon -- what's your thoughts?

You can download the linux operating system, with the basic apps [office suite, browser] at

(among several free distributions). Most of the have a number of languages besides English which can be specified during installation.) FWIW -- you can also install this on an XT level system, which generally improves performance, if purchase of a 64 bit system is out.

After installation, an applications catalog will be available listing thousands of free open source apps available for the download.

A quick google search on [cad parametrics linux] returns

283k hits, including

Let the group know how you make out, and post again if you have more questions.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Noted date of >> I got a problem with Applicon Bravo in which the system just crash. This system is running for more than 10 years and I wish to transfer the software to another NT base system. Unfortunately, Applicon company does not exist anymore and I got trouble on security even thou I have the security dongle but unable to retrieve the key. Any suggestion ? ( and I wish to run this thru virtual machine)

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

replying to ernie.reedy, Simp mar wrote: Is there a way to v-dos or emulate win xp on win 10 in order to use Bravo?

Reply to
Simp mar

replying to ernie.reedy, Simp mar wrote: Is there a way to v-dos or emulate win xp on win 10 in order to use Bravo?

Reply to
Simp mar

replying to MLA Gabuya, Smegheedz wrote: You need a stand-alone install. Forget the dongle. You need a copy of the nodelock file in ifor but yours will be blank. Send me ur email, I?ll send u instructions on how to do this with an attached copy of nodelock with every license on it.

Reply to
Smegheedz

replying to mr.gigsworth, Smegheedz wrote: The latest u can use is windows 7 , with vmlite(free). VM. Again, stand-alone and nodelock req.

Reply to
Smegheedz