Applicon Bravo

I got a problem with Applicon Bravo in which the system just crash. This system is running for more than 10 years and I wish to transfer
the software to another NT base system. Unfortunately, Applicon company does not exist anymore and I got trouble on security even thou I have the security dongle but unable to retrieve the key. Any suggestion ? ( and I wish to run this thru virtual machine)
On Friday, August 17, 2012 2:18:03 PM UTC-5, MLA Gabuya wrote:

Were you able to find a solution to this? I am in the opposite predicament where I cannot install this software on newer workstations.
On Friday, August 17, 2012 2:18:03 PM UTC-5, MLA Gabuya wrote:

system is running for more than 10 years and I wish to transfer the softwar e to another NT base system. Unfortunately, Applicon company does not exist anymore and I got trouble on security even thou I have the security dongle but unable to retrieve the key. Any suggestion ? ( and I wish to run this thru virtual machine)
Bravo will run on a 32 bit system (xp or older) but not on a 64 bit system. First you need a file named nodelock with your license information on it. If your old system is still up or if your old hard drive still works (conec t to differnt pc) copy this file and put on new pc c:\ifor\ls\conf\nodelock . Check by going to start menu all programs ifor nodelock. this should bri ng a list of your license's. If you are running Windows 7 64 bit there is a free program on the microsoft web site called "windows vitural pc" in it i s "windows xp mode" Load your bravo soft ware on it ith your nodelock. If you have prodlems e-m ail me at snipped-for-privacy@c-a-m.com. We are moveing to Edgecam but we have over 20 thousand programs and it takes a lot of time so I have to be able to ru n bravo for a long time yet.
On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:39:39 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

A quick google indicates the following http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applicon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro/Engineer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parametric_Technology_Corporation
This appears to be very old [obsolete] software. I don't know where you are located, but in the slightly longer run, it would most likely be much more cost effective to upgrade to a newer 64 bit computer running Linux, and an alternate open source app replacing Aplicon Bravo. Much depends what you are doing, but the successor products listed are very heavy duty such as Catia [think AirBus].
Jon -- what's your thoughts?
You can download the linux operating system, with the basic apps [office suite, browser] at http://www.ubuntu.com/ (among several free distributions). Most of the have a number of languages besides English which can be specified during installation.) FWIW -- you can also install this on an XT level system, which generally improves performance, if purchase of a 64 bit system is out.
After installation, an applications catalog will be available listing thousands of free open source apps available for the download.
A quick google search on [cad parametrics linux] returns 283k hits, including http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/CAD_tools http://freecadweb.org/
Let the group know how you make out, and post again if you have more questions.
--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:39:39 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
Noted date of OP after posting -- either a troll or got trapped in cyberspace. VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,