Saving Generated Parts From Design Table As Stand-Alone Part Files

Hello,
I am glad to have found this group! I have searched the internet but was unable to find a solution to this problem. Apparently it's not a
very common issue, haha.
I am currently working on a project where I have a design table which creates approx. 60 parts. The company I work for requires that each part be its own, stand-alone SolidWorks part file (no reference to design tables, other models, etc.). This is because the database software that they use to archive and retrieve their models/drawings is not capable of handling design tables. Is there an easy way to save individual part files from a configuration in the design table?
I know I can save a master copy, delete every entry in the design table except for one configuration, save it, re-open the master copy, and repeat for the next entry, but this would take about as much time as remodeling everything by hand.
Does anyone know of an easier way to accomplish this task? If not, would it be possible to create a macro to do the above steps for me automatically?
Thanks! Otto
On Jul 24, 9:59 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Otto,
You can download a macro to save each configuration as a separate part file at: http://www.cadimensions.com/Resources/macros.cfm
I hope this helps.
Best regards,
John

John,
This is exactly what I am looking for. Are there licensing issues involved in this or can I just use it as is?
Thanks, Otto
On Jul 24, 12:26 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Otto,
CADimensions provides this macro as a service to the SolidWorks user community.
Best regards,
John

Hi John,
I'm having a little bit of trouble with this macro. When I tried to run it today and opened one of the generated files, the design table had not been deleted from the new model. Also whenever I edited the design table of the generated model, it generated all of the models that were still in the design table.
I haven't edited the code and even re-downloaded it to try again but am still having this issue. Do you know what could be causing this problem?
Thanks, Otto
On Jul 25, 9:52 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi John,
I edited the code a little bit and added the line "ModelDocCopy.DeleteDesignTable" inside of the first for loop in the main function. This fixes the problem I was having and deletes the design table of the generated part.
Thank you again for all of your help, Otto
On Jul 25, 1:04 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Otto,
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I've been out of the office. Your solution is an excellent approach.
This macro was originally written to handle files that had manually created configurations.
Best regards,
John
another option.
If you have toolbox. you can add this configured file to the toolbox database. set the toolbox database to make separate files for each size of component. then as you drag and drop the configured part into an assembly, you can populate this into separate files. then if needed back out the new additions from toolbox. this should also make separate files for each configurations. iQ