Design Table and Seperate Part Files

Having had enormous problems using configurations with SolidWorks + Smarteam, is it possible to create separate part files from a Design Table. Example: I have a part that has 9 versions (configs) only 2 or 3 dimensions change between the various versions. To control these parts I would like to have one drawing with a design table for all the part versions, but instead of creating a configured part file I want to create separate part files for each part that would still have a link to the design table. Modifying the drawing design table will update the corresponding part and vice versa.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Reply to