non-configurable items

Does anyone have a good list, or would you like to contribute to a good list of items that are not configurable?
List of things I have so far:
- offset for From value in an extrude - hide/show state of body - thread callouts - hole wiz holes

Hi Matt
Hole Wiz holes are configurable - only the name of the feature isn't
Just did a quick test www.solidengineering.co.nz/swhelp/configtestholewiz.zip
John Layne www.solidengineering.co.nz

ah, that's not fair. You configured the dimensions. The Hole Wiz feature itself is still not configurable. You can't change an M6 to an M4, unless I'm missing something.
Nice workaround, though.
On the other hand, Library Features can have configurations and carry the configs with them, although I don't think the config of the lib feature is configurable with different part configs (does that make any confriggin sense?). THAT looks like a huge missed opportunity!

Matt
That part I just made: If you drop it into a drawing and dimension the cosmetic thread and then change configs, the M6 will change to M4. It's only the feature name in the feature tree of the part that doesn't change.
John Layne www.solidengineering.co.nz

Hence if you did want to configure a Hole Wiz hole it would probably pay to rename the feature to something more discriptive.
John Layne www.solidengineering.co.nz
Ok, that's cool. It's still not as direct as changing it in the HW interface, but its a useful workaround.

-Smart parts? I'm not sure, because I haven't been able to use them much for other reasons. -Unparametric features like flex and probably freeform. -Hole wizard and hole call outs for sure. John's workaround is no good for inch-size fasteners, or any other situation where thread pitch must be called out. Thread pitch may deserve its own entry. -Various toggle settings such as helix direction, extrude direction. -Sketch text -Blocks! I'd love to have configurable blocks.
On the extrude from offset: Don't you get a configurable dimension for this if you double click on the feature? I was sure you did. I could be wrong. Extrude from has had several problems anyway, relating to direction.
Some of these are more important than others. Do we care enough to vote on importance once a list is compiled?

Smart Parts use configs.

yeah, good

agree
right
good
damn, you're right, I thought they were

nope, doesn't show.

Why not?
If I had to vote for 1 it would be to make Hole Wizard configurable and to allow part configs to call out a library feature config. Ok, that's 2. I'm not so good at following directions.
I have an SPR number for the sketch block problem: 236363    Sketch blocks don't work with configurations
Another level to this question that I didn't think of initially is which items can be configured but cannot be driven by a design table?
- So far the sketch plane doesn't look to have a way to be driven - suppressed sketch relations and dimensions - there have to be more... Beuler?
matt wrote:

woops, sketch relations can be driven by a DT:
$state@sketch_relation@sketch_name