non-configurable items

Does anyone have a good list, or would you like to contribute to a good list of items that are not configurable?

List of things I have so far:

- offset for From value in an extrude

- hide/show state of body

- thread callouts

- hole wiz holes

Reply to
matt

Hi Matt

Hole Wiz holes are configurable - only the name of the feature isn't

Just did a quick test

John Layne

John Layne

ah, that's not fair. You configured the dimensions. The Hole Wiz feature itself is still not configurable. You can't change an M6 to an M4, unless I'm missing something.

Nice workaround, though.

On the other hand, Library Features can have configurations and carry the configs with them, although I don't think the config of the lib feature is configurable with different part configs (does that make any confriggin sense?). THAT looks like a huge missed opportunity!

Reply to
matt

Matt

That part I just made: If you drop it into a drawing and dimension the cosmetic thread and then change configs, the M6 will change to M4. It's only the feature name in the feature tree of the part that doesn't change.

John Layne

John Layne

Hence if you did want to configure a Hole Wiz hole it would probably pay to rename the feature to something more discriptive.

John Layne

John Layne

Ok, that's cool. It's still not as direct as changing it in the HW interface, but its a useful workaround.

Reply to
matt

matt wrote in news:JRTUg.11330$Zj3.2382@trnddc03:

-Smart parts? I'm not sure, because I haven't been able to use them much for other reasons.

-Unparametric features like flex and probably freeform.

-Hole wizard and hole call outs for sure. John's workaround is no good for inch-size fasteners, or any other situation where thread pitch must be called out. Thread pitch may deserve its own entry.

-Various toggle settings such as helix direction, extrude direction.

-Sketch text

-Blocks! I'd love to have configurable blocks.

On the extrude from offset: Don't you get a configurable dimension for this if you double click on the feature? I was sure you did. I could be wrong. Extrude from has had several problems anyway, relating to direction.

Some of these are more important than others. Do we care enough to vote on importance once a list is compiled?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Smart Parts use configs.

yeah, good

agree

right

good

damn, you're right, I thought they were

nope, doesn't show.

Why not?

If I had to vote for 1 it would be to make Hole Wizard configurable and to allow part configs to call out a library feature config. Ok, that's

  1. I'm not so good at following directions.
Reply to
matt

Another level to this question that I didn't think of initially is which items can be configured but cannot be driven by a design table?

- So far the sketch plane doesn't look to have a way to be driven

- suppressed sketch relations and dimensions

- there have to be more... Beuler?

Reply to
matt

woops, sketch relations can be driven by a DT:

$state@sketch_relation@sketch_name

Reply to
matt

I have an SPR number for the sketch block problem:

236363 Sketch blocks don't work with configurations
Reply to
esobota