Re: What scale kit would you like to see?

I'm interested to know what aircraft would make good

>subjects for new scale designs in kit form.

OK, you asked for it. B-36. It'd be awesome! Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Hughes Racer!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

If you are looking for an unusual subject how about a Facetmobile? An EAA homebuilt that flew cross country into Oshkosh a few years ago. Joe L.

Reply to
JosLvng

Heinkel HE - 100 D-1 in either or both 1/6th scale (61.79" ws) or an 80" + version.

HC

Reply to
CainHD

How about a prewar bipe? The Boeing P-12E/F4B4 kit could be built to either version with a fin alteration and a few cosmetic changes.

Reply to
HarryK01

An AN2 Colt

Reply to
Ken Baker

Now wouldn't THAT make heads turn!

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

How about a kit of the world´s biggest hit in the civil general aviation market, the Cessna 172? More Cessna 172:s been sold that any other GA airplane according to a book I have. Now, for some reason there are many kits of the Cessna 182, but not for the big seller, the 172. Likewise, there are a few kits for the Cessna 152, but not for the 172. I´ve been looking for C172 kits for years now, there seem to be no such thing.

Bear in mind that I live on the other side of the "pond", the Atlantic, so importing something as big as a 172 kit in say 1/6 scale is not a viable option for me, due to huge shipping cost (found out it the hard way with another kit). Still, I´d be happy to see a 172 kit and I´m pretty sure it would interest many GA fans. Go to ANY GA airfield and you will most likely see a Cessna 172, it´s the mother of all flying cows =)

Cheers, Ken Finland

Reply to
Ken Mattsson

Is Captain Balu's plane already available as a kit? :-)

Ciao, Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Rueckert

They are common, I agree, but wouldn't it make a rather boring model?

Reply to
David Smith

On 8/21/2003 2:13 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

I would like to see a Boeing "Monomail". It was a prototype from Boeing from the early - mid 30's. Designed to carry mail and/or passengers. Another "unusual" one is the Jak 7 or Jak 9 (Polish fighters from WWII). Both in 40 - 60 size

A couple of others that would be nice are: The Northrop "Gamma II", Ryan FR-1 "Fireball", or a Bearcat, again in 40 - 60 size.

There are a few "unusual" planes out there, but VERY FEW SCALE models in the 40 - 60 size. The big ones are nice, however, the average modeler can not usually afford the cost of "Giant Scale" models. A Giant Scale model easily cost $1,000 by the time you get done with the high torque servos, engine, covering, the cost of the kit, ect. (Many can easily cost several times that).

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Piper PA12 Super Cruiser, the most beautiful Piper Cub.

Texas Pete AMA 59376

Reply to
Pete Kerezman

| I'm going to start on a new design project, and I'd like | to design something that would be of interest to the | community.

Something like the Predator UAV could be pretty cool ...

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Agreed!

Reply to
Fly Higher

Reply to
Don Hatten

Besides the Maratuka who makes kits. I'd like to see some other sizes.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

Just wait till they become obsolete and then buy them on ebay. :)

Reply to
Normen Strobel

Just a dumb thought and I'm new at this but I have not seen a kit for that distinctive looking crop duster made in Texas?? I forget the name, but it has a funny looking cockpit and a low wing etc. Looks like it would be a blast to fly. Could include a mini set of water sprays too!

Mark

Reply to
Mark Tetrault

Do you mean an Agwagen or a Pawnee?

Reply to
Normen Strobel

Dunno, I forget the name. They are an awkward looking duck with a high fues and the canopy sticking up like a pimple. The ones I saw on TV were bright yellow. I think the Mad Max series of movies used one highly modified as a next century survivor plane...

Mark

Reply to
Mark Tetrault