Re: What scale kit would you like to see?

Answered my own question. Looked for it on the net its an Air Tractor made in Olney, TX

Reply to
Mark Tetrault

Whatever you do, DO NOT make it a .40-.60 size scale. There are tons of them. There is a lack of GIANT scale stuff in the 80+" wingspan. There are several obscure WWII aircraft. The French Dewoitine fighter is one. There are some Polish and Russian aircraft that are unique. Make them SCALE! Let me know when you have something! I would love to test and review it for you.

Reply to
jeboba

I am looking for something like that for my YS .91. Probably about 60-65" span.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

There is a TON of scale stuff that size. Just look at the Scale Masters. Many of those are from plans and/or short kits from places like Vailly aviation and Brian Taylor.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Yes, but mostly plans or short kits. Not full kits in most cases...and...same old stuff. We need something different in full kits.

Reply to
jeboba

Focke-wulf triebflugel

Reply to
patrick mitchel

I am not sure I understand you dislike of short kits. Can you explain this?

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

All the short kits have is bulkheads and ribs. You have to furnish all stringer and sheet stock yourself. They end up being very expensive and sometimes it is difficult to find good quality wood at the LHS. If I want a kit, I want a KIT! Not 'part' of a kit. I also want the wheels, tank, canopy, cowling etc., all in one box without having to buy them separately at sometimes inflated prices. I HATE short kits!

Reply to
jeboba

I HATE the crap parts that come in a lot of kits. I usually end up giving that stuff away and buying good hardware. So where is the savings?

If your local LHS won't stock good wood, get it from Superior or Lone Star. They ship real quick and their wood is first rate.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Gee! You want maybe someone to build and fly it for you too?

Some people just insist on doing it the hard way! :)

Reply to
Fly Higher

I don't have the same hatred of short kits as you, but I do like having all the wood for the project come in one box. I guess if the shortkit comes with a parts list you could just mailorder from somewhere it would be just as good. Canopy and Cowling is a must but I could do without the extra hardware though, sometimes I end up having to buy different wheels or a fuel tank anyways.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

Actually, both of those will ship BETTER quality wood cheaper than any of the LHS has. Most kit contained hardware is at least one level of quality below what I prefer to use. However, YMMV.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

I tend to agree with you. Most of the GOOD scale stuff is larger. Unionville, Ikon N'west are another couple that spring to mind.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh