What fun kits would you like to see?

For some reason, the 'ebay madness' thread got me thinking crazy thoughts which took me to....

Wouldn't it be great to see a Dale Gribble bug killer van, from the King Of the Hill series, along wth a skinny shirt-less Dale posing beside it!

Or, the four man line-up, standing in front of the fence.

What fun kits would you like to see?

Reply to
Richard Brooks

A 1/72 scale F-302 from "Stargate SG-1".

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Non resin kits from the Aliens movies.... A fun kit for me would be a WWII subject w/o PE

1/32 Japanese WWII aircraft - almost all naval planes have been ignored in this scale The Aurora Superboy/Dragon kit from the 1960's A Hoshi Soto kit from Star Trek Enterprise

Craig

Reply to
crw59

With alternate uniform for ~Empress~ Sato from the Alternate Universe...

Reply to
The Old Man

WmB said the following on 27/04/2008 07:01:

Did they ever do the Top Cat characters in plastic kit form?

Dad to bemused son :"Now THOSE were real cartoon characters!"

Reply to
Richard Brooks

A 1/72nd scale "Serenity?"

Or some 1/72nd scale Star Wars figures to go with the kits.....

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

Mercedes Benz G4... aka, the six wheeled staff car used by Genral Burkhalter in "Hogan's Heroes". If I had my druthers - 1/18th scale plastic.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

I see that Jewel Staite has been promoted to a regular character in the next season of "Stargate Atlantis".

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

There was one fighter in use in that show that was simply a cut-down A-10 kit. Throw away the wings. Saw off the nose and the rear fuselage. Throw away the centre fuselage and glue the remaining pieces together. Add a few random science-fictiony looking bits. Hey presto!

And those Starfighters... How many seats did they have? On a few occasions, they managed to get three people in one of them, and every person had their own seat. And weren't the Starfighters supposed to be the latest technology space fighter? Then how come *everyone* had them? Including college kids...

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

In the past there was an "Elvira, Mistress of the Dark" kit

What about Lara Croft as the "modern" version?

Reply to
Max George

I could never figure out how it was supposed to land with those fins hanging out of the bottom.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Maybe the undercarriage was in the bottom of the fins, like the undercarriage pods on the tips of the anhedral wingtips of the Spectrum Angel Interceptors.

And speaking of which... a reissue of the Airfix kit wouldn't go amiss. It would look rather good painted in the same camouflage as an F-16.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I was just at Starship Modeler, They have one in the e-store. I'd like to see a decent sized (NOT wargamer!) Daedalus or Apollo.

Reply to
The Old Man

If I can get my lady to take the pic :)

Reply to
eyeball

I was going to try to build one of those starting with an A-7. Never quite got around to it....

I saw the simulator used at a theme park. There were four seats in the simulator. I'm watching the series now, and I see that in some shots there's only one seat centered, but when they need to carry extra persons, there are at least three seats: two in front and on in the back. I've never seen studio drawings of them, so I have no idea what anyone was thinking when they set up the shots as they did.

Reply to
mholt

Perhaps they folded together under the flat ventral panel between the engines. Assuming those were engines -- there were folding stairs in those cylinders, on both sides.

Reply to
mholt

Max George said the following on 27/04/2008 09:05:

Oh yes, I remember the Elvira model.

I was asking as a serious question really as the UK Wallace and Gromit and Dr. Who series has been produced and they're a kind of niche market so why not other series - unless there is no money to be made in any of the tv spin-off's?

I'd have thought King Of The Hill, Family Guy and Futurama would have at least gone plastic.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Figures modeling has died the death of a thousand pre-paints and action figures. Even the resin garage kit market is a shadow of it's former self.

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

futurama has. i have a battery op stewie that i never put batteries in because it talks.

Reply to
someone
[Buck Rogers Starfighters]

I'm watching it, too, as much as I can stand, mostly fast-forwarding to the fx shots. Sometimes the model has a double-wide canopy on it; haven't checked if they match the correct fighter exterior to the correct interior, much less whether Buck took the correct ship when he later had to pick up passengers.

I'm lovin' the "Cruise Ship to the Stars" - the ship they repainted and maybe halved the scale of to make the Searcher for Season 2.

Reply to
Jack Bohn