What fun kits would you like to see?

Oh yeah! Now you're cooking.

Aside from Erin Gray I would love to see the return of any of the Disney-themed models along with new ones. The Revell Capt. Hook Pirate Ship and the Strombecker Rocket To the Moon are not models of vehicles, they are 1/72 scale models of the Disneyland structures. In other scales there were the Pirates of the Caribbean sets, the stagecoach and several other attractions.

Top of my list for new Disney-themed kits would be a 1/700 Disney Magic and Disney Wonder cruise ships. They are identical, so decals for both should be included. In 2011 the new Disney Cruise Line ocean liners shall be ready. No announced names yet, but I can IMAGINE with some FANTASY what they will be. There are solid models in two scales of the Wonder and the Magic available on board. I have both and they are really beautiful, but I want a kit that I can put some real effort into with etched metal details and all the bells and whistles.

I'll be in Japan next month and shall be keeping an eye out for the airliner kits in Tokyo Disneyland logos. There are four and I have two already.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

They could do a whole series. First Zev and Xev. Then Lyekka and maybe Bunny.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

yeah, great inustrial noise guy.

Reply to
someone

Never underestimate Giggerota...

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

Just to reply to my own message, I just looked up Ellen Dubin on IMDB... damn, man, *I* underestimated Giggerota!

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

I still like the Betties off of "Quark" Of course, "Land Of The Giants" had its points also:

think I only saw one or two episodes of Buck Rogers. That damn robot put me off of the thing. Thank God Sci Fi's Battlestar Galactica didn't bring Boxy and that Daggit back. That concept was completely fraked up. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

the daggit was a major part of fire in space, one of the 5 best.

Reply to
someone

Wulf Corbett wrote: : : Just to reply to my own message, I just looked up Ellen Dubin on : IMDB... damn, man, *I* underestimated Giggerota! : I only saw a few (of the last) episodes of LEX, but I was amused to see Nigl Bennet (Prince) as part of the cast. I really liked Bennett for his role as "LaCroix" in Forever Knight. His radio personna of "night crawler" was excellent.

Plays an excellent bad guy...

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

You should have seen the thing they had down at the Hugo's #9 grocery store here in Jamestown today... the "Mammoth Cheese". A huge wheel of cheese of around 18" diameter by 12" deep (I would guess the whole chunk weighed around 30-40 pounds) they were selling chunks of it by weight. Although it was supposed to be some sort of mild Cheddar, it tasted a lot more like Colby from the sample I had.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Boxy appeared in a couple of episodes of the first season. If you look carefully in the very first scene of the mini-series, where a Number 6 seduces a Colonial officer while the Armistics Station is destroyed, you will see that the officer has a picture of his family on his desk. Boxy is his son. Starbuck seemed to want Boxy around to act as her personal jester but thankfully Tigh put a stop to all of that.

Boxy and the daggit were the absolute worst parts of the original series. Every single time that the adults needed to go on a dangerous mission, Boxy and the daggit managed to stow away. You'd think that they would do security checks on their spaceships as part of the pre-flight... In one particularly silly episode, the heroes were hiding in a crevasse on a glacier while the Cylons were searching for them. It was imperative that they kept quiet but the daggit started growling at the Cylons. So what did Apollo do? He put his hand over the daggit's speaker grille. Instead of switching the blasted thing off and later on ripping its battery pack out and beating the child severely around face and neck with it.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Better bluddy not be...

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

This past winter we had for the first time Wemsleydale! Shades of Wallace and Grommit! A semi-soft cheese with blueberries, it was delicious!

Reply to
The Old Man

Wensleydale is actually a crumbly cheese, not semi-soft. In its natural state it doesn't come with blueberries in it. Try and get some without any sort of contamination at all ;-) It is wonderful stuff. There is an oak-smoked version and a blue version, both of which are also excellent. And if you are very, very lucky you might be able to get a Wensleydale made with ewes' milk.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Maybe they Cheddared the thing!

I'd love to have tasted the various Cheddar cheese flavours from around the UK before WWII when they 'utility' typed it.

As to the W&G idea, put in a geared down motor in the base of the rabbit catcher and you've got a little toy that you can stare at for ages.

Look for the Blackpool ride image and click 'previous';

Reply to
Richard Brooks

I remember (even if she didn't). Lucky bastitch. ;-)

WmB... William

Reply to
WmB

Boxey is the final 12th Cylon to be revealed on BG this year. ;-)

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Richard Brooks wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com:

Firefly class cargo ship.

cd

Reply to
Carl Dershem

i'd love to see the luna port registered the rolling stones with all the bicycles strung along the hull.

Reply to
someone

For those who don't remember the correspondence re Erin from a few years ago, Bill's keeping me honest.

When I contacted Erin through her web site she didn't remember me from high school.:-( I was really bummed. She was a military brat and moving from school to school left little time for remembering people forty + years later. She is such a classy lady that she makes sure to send me e-mails outlining her appearances and the occasional "what happened to..." missive. The day she appears anywhere within 100 miles I'll be there!

One of these days our high school should have a '60s reunion instead of one specific year. Let's see: Erin Gray, Robin Williams, the lion tamer at Ringling Bros., at least two radio personalities, a half dozen local television folk, a couple of big time criminals, etc. We lost David Duke (Winds of War, etc.) a few years ago, but a decade reunion should be a blast.

Some of those classes were so big that we would have to rent the fairgrounds.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Sort of like the chimp in the trunk on Speed Racer.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery