Bluebird jet boats

Anyone ever see plans or a kit? I started thinking about fast boats,
and realized I have time and space to build a replica, and ....
there's no data beyond photos. Well, nothing I have found just yet.
Reply to
mholt
I remember an article in the old "Scale Modelers" mag from the late 1970s (now loooong gone from my stash) that discussed building one of these out of resin. The kit was manufactured, not homebuilt (had decals) and from what I could tell from the photos (kinda dark and grainy) looked pretty good. Don't remember scale nor manufacturer, sorry.
Reply to
The Old Man
Lot's of data in the UK, I think there are several people who make mouldings of the various Bluebirds.
"Marine Modelling International" magazine, , some time had an article on one.
And there was a video online of it, the jet really whistled, AIRC.
Can't see it in the pile, MMI have a back issue search - February 2003 - so no wonder I can't see it.
Cheers, Gary B-)
Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt
I visited Coniston a couple of years ago. The Ruskin Museum had a GA drawing of Bluebird K7 on display. It might be worth contacting them to see if prints are available.
Failing that, the Bluebird Project may be able to help.
Enzo Matrix
For Model Kits try
or

for a vacform 1/24th scale model that can be converted to electric power
and
for 1/12 scale GRP model that can be converted to Gas Turbine power
Plus they do 1/43 and 1/76 static display models as well
Replicast and Record models did resin Kits of K7, but I don't think either are currently trading.
In message , " snipped-for-privacy@ohiohills.com" writes >Anyone ever see plans or a kit? I started thinking about fast boats, >and realized I have time and space to build a replica, and .... >there's no data beyond photos. Well, nothing I have found just yet.
Reply to
Dave Swindell
Look what I found:
...Bluebird K7 plans on CD A wood pre-finished model of it:
a Jetex rocket-powered one:
Pat
Reply to
Pat Flannery
Cool. Probably exactly what I'm thinking about.
Geez. 214.99 plus shipping! Right now I couldn't afford that in Canadian.
one:
Funny that I never saw that page in the all the times I've wandered the jetex.org site. Maybe I'm just getting old.
Thanks.
Reply to
mholt
I get the impression that that's a pretty rare set by collector standards I was trying to figure out if the boat is vacuformed plastic or pressed metal of some sort. I can still remember my Jetex rocket engine zipping all over the floor of our enclosed porch after it got loose during a test firing. Think God the floor was tiled, not carpeted!
Pat
Reply to
Pat Flannery

Site Timeline