Questions about German Pioniere Boats

I have the Dragon Sturmboat Kit #-6108 and I would like to build a boat trailer for this. Are there any photos around of any trailers for these. Can anyone help me out at all here with any kind of reference materials to build something like this.

This Boat would look really sharp on a trailer behind one of my Opel Blitz Trucks filled with crates and boxes and weapons

Hope you can help out

=A0=A0=A0=A0... Carl ..........

,,

Reply to
cyberborg 4000

This page is in german but has a picture of a trailer

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather

That really is a very neat looking trailer in the Photo at the bottom. I tried putting in a search by using what it says and really didn't have much Luck at all with that. :(

I really would like to see several more pics of trailers like that. If there were just a few more Pics to see of it at some different angles it should not be too hard at all to just go ahead and make a trailer out of stock plastic sheet. :)

Can anybody tell me just what vehicle pulled the trailer when they were going to be deployed. I am guessing it might have been an Opel Blitz. Also what type of equipment and weapons were packed in the truck for them to use. What kinds of explosives , equipment packs , guns , etc were used by them as Pioniere's

... Carl ..........

,,

Reply to
cyberborg 4000

I didn't really know anything about these boats before your post roused my interest. I found this trailer after a pretty quick google so it's likely there is more information out there.

A tip when searching - use 'sturmboot' rather than 'strumboat'.

The Dragon name is a corruption of german and english and I found when I used this I just got hits about the Dragon kit.

One thing I found particularly interesting - there seems to be quite a few enthusiasts restoring these for modern day pleasure and sports use.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather