Heller's Le Soleil Royal

Hi,
Anyone out there built this kit? I just got mine in the mail and it only
has instructions in French! (The HMS Victory from Heller had both English
and French). Did I just get a box that was missing the English
instructions? If so, is there a website or resource out there that has an
English translation? It's been 20 years since I took French in High School
(and I didn't do to well at it!) and the thought of trying to translate
these instructions is almost as daunting as this kit looks!
Thanks for any help.
Brent
Reply to
Seawolf
"Seawolf" avait prétendu :
Hi Brent, I built it a long time ago (more than 20 years), but 3 years were needed to finish it. This kit is really fabulous, the king of the kits of boat !
Unfortunatly, I didn't kept the instructions sheets, but I maybe can help you if you send to me a copy (by email, in gif ou JPG size if you want).
I'm French, and my English is poor, but I perhaps shall be usefull if you need my help.
Regards
Reply to
Flying Frog
I have the kit and I think it has English instructions, will go to the storage unit over the week end and check, it does I will make you a copy. Sam
Reply to
Sam
Caca monster, I hope mine are in English. With 2300 pieces it better be or I'm in trouble cuz I don't do French. I don't want to open the box until I'm done with my Constitution so I guess I'll take my chances.
Seawolf wrote:
Reply to
Grandpa
My first one did have english instructions. I just bought another, thinking with 20 more years of modeling experience I can do a better job now! I haven't opened new kit yet, but am going to go down and open it immediately to see if my new one does :-(
BTW, a beautiful kit, one of the best plastic kits I have ever built!
Seawolf wrote:
Reply to
Don Stauffer
After reading these posts, I just opened one that I bought from Model Expo for about $ 40.00 and sure enough the entire instruction sheet is in French!
Reply to
John R Meloro
Yes, the instructions are in French, but keep reading! There's an English translation (in fine print) on pages 27-31, followed by German. Actually, most of the assembly drawings are self-explanatory.
Reply to
Alexander Arnakis
If your's are in english keep them suckers. The rest of us may need them. Too bad Heller doesn't make them available in a PDF in english.
D> My first one did have english instructions. I just bought another,
Reply to
Grandpa
I'm working on translating mine. If I ever finish I'll post them.
Brent
Reply to
Seawolf
No need. There's an English translation appended to the French instructions -- pages 27-31. Look closely.
Reply to
Alexander Arnakis
Thank you!!!!!
Brent