Super service from Heller

Hi all,

Just thought I'd give praise where it's due, we often knock the model manufacturers on this forum, but here's a pleasant little tale to light up our lives.........

To fuel my desire to add a few French aircraft to my collection, and as I have somehow accumulated a number of Airfix Jaguar GR1/3's, I recently contacted Heller asking if would be possible to purchase the sprue of dedicated parts to enable me to build a French Jaguar A.

I sent an e-mail through their website, and got no acknowledgement, and thought no more about it, but as I've been off on my holiday to Rhodes for the last 12 days, I came home today to find 2 packages, one from Eduard with my Royal Class Mirage III (but that's another story and I digress....), and surprise, surprise the other package was from Heller and contained not only the French variant sprue but also a decal sheet from the Heller Jaguar A also.

All free of charge !!!!

The sprue looks like a quality reject as one of the AS-30 missile halves is short moulded but as the kit includes several armament options there are more than enough parts left over to finish my Jaguar ready for it's North African missions and the decal sheet is perfect.

My heartfelt thanks go to the Customer Services department at Heller, merci beaucoup !!!

Happy modelling all

Ant Phillips 'Standing on the shoulders of giants'

Reply to
Ant Phillips

they sent me the 11 paints and glue kit from the d day set. when i wrote thanks, they tried to send me another...luckily i got someone to translate.

Reply to
someone

I'm very really pleased to read your message ! Heller is a smal compagny, even it seems to be biger, and all the staff is very great. Onre of the bosses, Frances Reiser, is a good friend of me, and I will forward this message to him. No doubt he will be happy to read it.

Best regards

Reply to
Flying Frog

Heller is a fine company to deal with. Those of you who expect return emails please keep this in mind:

It's not profitable to staff someone to answer emails. Most companies read the email once a week/when they get around to it. Rather than spend the time to answer you it's more efficacious to type a label and send you what you want.

If you don't get results after 30 days send a hard copy letter. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Keeper avait soumis l'idée :

Well, I can answer for that... When you send a message to Heller's staff by their website, all are read each days by Francis (except saturday and sunday). A course, he can't answer to everybody, but when you ask for help, if this help is possible, Heller make all its possible to resply YES and to help you.

Reply to
Flying Frog

-----------------------------

-----------------------------

Hi Chris,

I would be most obliged if you can pass on my thanks to Heller.

Happy modelling & merci beaucoup

Ant Phillips

Reply to
Ant Phillips

Ant Phillips avait énoncé :

No problem of course. I need to phone to Francis next monday so I will forward your message. He will be glad to read it.

No "merci" needed, you're the welcome.

Reply to
Flying Frog

thank them for me. too!

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain avait écrit le 09/10/2004 :

Ok, but to thank Francis, to have a name to give him seems better to me ! ;)

Reply to
Flying Frog

tell him the guy in socal....

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain avait énoncé :

Okay it will be done next monday

Reply to
Flying Frog

thank you mr froggie.

Reply to
someone

And send my thanks too. They sent me a 1/72nd Mig-23 canopy a year or two ago and about 15 years ago a MiG-21 canopy for Airfix 1/72nd MiG-21.

Cheers,

Bostjan

Reply to
Bostjan Lemut

Bostjan Lemut a écrit :

Lol ! Hey my friends, you know you can contact directly Francis by email ? On mu website, you can click on Heller's logo and go on Heller's website. Their is a contact form, and Francis read his message each day, except saturday and sunday... but I will forward your message also Bostjan ;)

Reply to
Flying Frog

Did you send your e-mail request in English or French?

I need a replacement canopy for a YF-22 and I had my daughter translate my request into French with the help of her high school French teacher. I was about to send the request via e-mail when I saw this posting. Do I need to bother translating into French? I'm afraid I might actually get back a nosewheel or exhaust nozzle instead of a canopy ;^)

Thanks,

Martin

Reply to
Martin

i sent mine in english and no sweat.

Reply to
someone

Le 10/10/2004, Mad-Modeller a supposé :

No problem Bill ;)

Reply to
Flying Frog

Chris, please send them my regards. They haven't done anything special for me, I am just a happy consumer of their work since 1967.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I sent my request in English, that may have been part of the reason for the slight time lapse.

I did think of trying my schoolboy French, but thought that might cause more problems than leaving the translation to Heller.

Happy modelling Ant

Reply to
Ant Phillips

To all of you : I phoned today to Francis Reiser and told him your messages. If he can find enough free time, he certainely will come to read on rms... but not sure, Francis is often buzy...

Reply to
Flying Frog