Looking For Obscure Conflicts Markings For Migs and Mirages

I was wondering what conflicts the various members of the Mig family have fired their guns in. I was wondering the same for Mirage family. I have a plethora of kits and a lot of bits and pieces of decals. I think a fellownamed Victor Flintham had a ook out detailing postwar aerial conflict until just before the cold war. I have the book somewhere. What you folks may have is a list of decals and reccomended kits to model the lesser known contests.

TIA

Big Al Baltimore

Reply to
AlbertCherer

Try this on for size.

There are a plethora of decals for small airforces MiG's and Mirages, That's all I ever model. If you have a specific air force or country that you wish to model I could probably tell who made a sheet for it. There are far too many to list here.

John

Reply to
John H.

I remember an incident (one of many) between Pakistan and India, where the Indian Air Force was flying a MiG-21 and the Pakistanni was flying an old (very old) F-86. The Pakistanni was the better pilot, because HE shot down the MiG. Unfortunately, that's ALL I remember about the conflict. Took place in the late 1970s or early 1980s.

-- John

Reply to
Old Timer

There are unlimited subjects in this arena. Probably just about every "bush war" or "brush war" on the African continent, or in the Middle East; during the 1960's and 1970's, would provide subject matter. And there are/were *lots* of decals available. MicroScale/SuperScale had some; and ModelDecal also made a lot of these obscure subjects.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Meteor Productions makes a decal sheet for a Pakistani F-86 with several Indian kill marks. I also like the Mirages though they're not my "specialty" nor do I claim to be an expert on them. I was happy to see the recently released Mirage III CJ and the Italeri re-release of the Esci Mirage F-1. Decals Carpena did at least 5 sheets for Mirage III and F-1 aircraft from various "obscure" countries and at least a couple were used in conflict. I just dug around the notebooks with Decals Carpena decal sheets and here's what I found:

48.01: 2-sheet set with Several French F-1s, Zaire Mirage 5M that saw action in Chad, a bunch of Jaguars 48.06: Another 2-sheet set of mostly "foreign" F-1s; French, Jordanian, Moroccan, Libyan, Ecuadorian, Greek, Kuwaiti, Iraqi, South African, Qatari and Spanish 48.12: A French and Belgian Mirage and a Mirage IIIE of the Argentine AF used in the Falklands campaign 48.28: French Mirage 2000s with at least one DESERT STORM veteran 48.30: A French F-1CR that saw combat in DESERT STORM, along with a helo and a couple US aircraft

There may be more but I know of these because I'm looking at them as I type. Unfortunately, I believe these sheets are long out of production but you might be able to find them around on the secondary market.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

right about modeldecal doing LOTS of obscure subjects, but not that i know of for MiGs. there is a modeldecal sheet that has some of the belgian CF100 [the one built in canada and i'm sorry if i've got the number wrong]as was deployed to the congo in the early 1960's and other sheets that have french T-28's [algerian based ones] and super sabres [some african based ones from the 1970s.

best to root about for these sheets. its ok to look on line, but you are just as likely to find some of what you are after at a model show.

t.

Reply to
Trevor