Is It Worth Getting The Camera For eBay or Even Using eBay

Hi, my name is Big Al I have been going to Baltimore IPMS and try to get to AMPS. Years of shift work and now the prospect of moving near my job which is at a university to attend graduate school are going to seriosly erode modeling even farther. Here is the rub I have at least four hundred fifty kits too many. I am not going to give things like unopened Tamiya armor for a dollar to professional resllers.

Ok here is my quandry I don't like eBay I think games are played. I will not touch Pay Pal. Also this business about photos can pan out false I have had things show up that did not look as good as the eBay add. If I do go the eBay route I would get a digital camera, but build the camera cost into the kits I sold.Otherwise I prefer my Pentax. I could use my Pentax but that isn't cheap to use scanned print film.

It seems to me a couple of dozen modelers know who I am and am not using a new name to cover a bad reputation. Perhaps I should just make a list. which isn't ready yet. Then I would just post a straight "for sale" list. I wouln't be looking for eBay price drama and I won't tolerate the pennies on the dollar of the resellers. I am looking for something in between. I would try to be accurate in my descriptions fair in shipping and careful in packing.

This next point has nothing to do with the main theme except to say I thought of quitting modeling altogether because of this avalanche of kits. This is the second time I had a big build up. The first four years out of high school my high was getting the Squadron order and then going to the Squadron Shop to really max out! I had over tweleve hundred kits then. I still value the folks at the clubs even though I can hardly get to meetings. Also I decided to only model a few themes as too many choices has never worked for my modeling. There is something about that time when the only unbuilt kit I had was the one I brought after shopping with the family.

TIA

Big Al AMPS Baltimore IPMS

Reply to
AlbertCherer

I've sold about 150 kits on ebay. I take pictures using a camera with film. In each frame I put at least four kits, then crop them when setting up ebay. Works great. I thought processing would add up, but basic processing for a 24 frame roll is about $3. That's about $3, plus the cost for film, for about 100 kits. Far short of buying a digital. Mike

Reply to
Mnm879

50 bucks will now get you a 1.5 megapixel camera. they can do good model pictures with good lighting...

Yeah, what Jerry said. You need a camera or a scanner-your choice. I used to vend at shows, I was wasting my time. All I did was make money for the "host." Ebay is the way. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper