Is there a demand for plane kits?

Hi, I was just wondering if there is a place you can post to sell plane kits and accessories? My dad had purchased kits upon kits and
motors and whatever else goes with them, years ago planning on building them when he retired. Well as luck would have it he is diabetic and now he is losing his sight. All of these planes, a lot never opened, will be lost on our family because nobody took up the hobby. I checked ebay and it doesn't look as if there is a lot of action going on over there. Lots of planes, no buyers. If anybody could give me any suggestions it would be appreciated. Thanks Jackie snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
That would depend on the kit, I suppose. Virtually all of the kits I have stashed aside waiting to be built are ones I purchased on Ebay. I am constantly looking there for certain kits I am interested in. You might also try RCUniverse.com although I believe there might be a fee for listing items for sale. Some people list em here also but there are mixed reactions to that.
--
Dan
AMA605992

List'em on eBay, post the link here. I'll look. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"
Me too. I can still get the garage door closed ergo I need more kits.
--
Dan
AMA605992
Jackie wrote:

Not sure what you mean by no buyers, I bought two kits from eBay last week. The kits there are no buyers for are the ones where the seller sets an unreasonably high reserve or starting bid. Chuck
Always looking for more kits and plans on ebay - best place to look. I wont take too many risks though if you set prices @ 1/2 - 3/4 new prices I'll prefer to buy new. You set a reasonable starting price and I'll take the risk that it is what you say it is.
Cheers, Sam T.
On 11 Oct 2004 13:04:08 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Jackie) wrote:

Oh Yes there are plenty buyers on eBay. Check the lists for Building-Kits during the last 20 minutes of the auction, Same with good or old-time engines. That is when the prices move up on the scale.
My Observations:
ARFs were usually much higher priced even until 3 years ago than the newer ones now. Don't expect to buy the new Montana Ranch with a few ARF kits.
Built-up kits are becoming unique. You will get fair $$ but some may go very cheap, especially if you place a large # on the market at one time. Buyers can only afford so much at any one time. Still, there is a definite market for them.
Engines can go big or small and in-between. Newer engines now on the retail market are very competitive in price and very dependable. Older models on eBay, destined for current use will not fare too well. Vintage collector's items will do well however there are so many estate sales going on from other deceased modeler collections that the market is down a bit from years ago. That is not as good for sellers but good for buyers which means that the items will sell unless the seller is greedy.
Don't be swayed away from eBay because of the large amount of garage hobby-dealers selling the electric and toy stuff. They do take up a lot of the space and makes for a tough time for real modelers. Yet if you wish, it's both a great place to sell or buy anything related to model aviation.
HC
Have you made a list yet? I would be interested in seeing what you have.. actually there is nothing wrong with posting them here.. eBay does usually get the best price for the seller. Just get a good picture to post and a good description of the item. Remember, you will probably have to ship the stuff so plan on buying shipping supplies or if someone else is going to do it .. get a good estimate of the cost. Personally I don`t bid on stuff where the selling price is fair but the seller wants $30 shipping when the actual cost is only $10.
I would be interested in a list of the kits with prices. I don't do anything on auctions.You can list free on Mondays till midnite on RCU Airplanes For Sale Forum. Thanx Walt
What is wrong with listing them here as long as you put FS in the subject line. I would like to see the list myself. And to the seller be aware of the huge sales fees at Ebay, they will eat up much of your take. Brad

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Jackie) wrote in message

You can't make a judgement about ebay based solely on ACTIVE auction listings. People tend to hold back and bid mostly during the last 24 hours. I've been selling R/C stuff on ebay for a couple of years now, and unless it's totally weird junk, it sells pretty well. Kits especially. The older/rarer the better. Lots of people collect rare old kits from their earlier days of flying.
OK.... I will bite.... :)
    Any Berkeley kits?
    I would be interested...
    Dave
On 11 Oct 2004 13:04:08 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Jackie) wrote:

On 11 Oct 2004 13:04:08 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Jackie) wrote:

Take another look at eBay. I think that's where all the action is. In fact, I can't think of another medium that is more effective at bringing buyers and sellers together than eBay. Just be sure to list the kits in the proper category (ie Toys and Hobbies>Radio Control>Air>Aircraft, etc) and include the make, model, on the title.
I recently sold a Sig Ryan STA that went for $280. It had 24 bids and over 450 hits. In fact, I'm still getting hits, and it's been long sold. I friend of mine sold the same kit at a swap meet and got about $75. I've also sold other kits as well, and bought a kit or two. I'm always checking in to see what's available, what's selling, prices, etc.
Alan Harriman

Find an R/C club in your area that hosts a show and sell the kits at the show. Many clubs sponsor swap shops and buying a table will allow you to go there and sell most things. If you live near Todelo, consider going there to sell in their swap shop. Bill Kolofa

Unfortunately Swap-Shops are manned by dealers wanting far too much for that which is normally junk. eBay brings the item to millions that may well like junk, and/or for various reasons rather buy from the auction than a not-so-local mail-order house. I have taken junk that was destined for the trash can, listed it as JUNK, shown a picture of JUNK, and received 20 -$50 profit from a sale. What they intended to do with it beats _ell out of me but no one ever complained. That's their business. Good stuff sells much better at eBay than to the few -- bargain hunters -- at a swap shop.
One man's junk is another man's treasure. As long as other people treasure junk more than you do, you'll be ahead of the game :-)
MJC

that
various
shown
intended
their
at a

Junk ??? Yep, there is some but you can find alot of stuff that doesn`t show up at swap meets. Lot of old Goldberg kits like the SR. Falcon, Skylane 42 and 62, Falcon 56, The older versions of the TF P-51 and so on. How about a old Bridi AT-6 or Hoover P-51, Fliteglass or D&B P-40, 51 .... and just alot of other treasures
Post them on rcgroups.com!
Te
-- TR ----------------------------------------------------------------------- TRP's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid 14 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid (569
Why? eBay attracts buyers from all over the world and at least if a buyer tries to rip off a seller there is a mechanism - feedback - to identify him as a "problem".
Dennis

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid 148
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid (5690
I'm just speaking my opinion... not a huge fan of e-bay myself.
Thanks Te