Is there a demand for plane kits?

Good for you. It's a terrible place. You should never buy anything there. You should also tell all your R/C friends to never buy anything there. This will help keep prices down for those of us who do shop there :-)

Reply to
C G

Get 'screwed' _once_ and your story will change.

Reply to
Andrew

Probably. That's why I'm careful who I deal with. For example, I don't even bother bidding for items when they say they only take checks or money orders. I also don't deal with anyone who says they only accept bidpay, or whatever the paypal clone is called. I read the person's feedback carefully. I've bought a bunch of stuff so far and it's all been exactly as described.

Reply to
C G

Ebay or RCU.

Because there is relatively low demand, kits will be difficult to sell at anything other than give away pricing.

I am the reverse. I only pay with personal cheques. Paypal has a bad reputation, and my credit card is not up for grabs by some unkown and unregulated organisation.

If the sums are high enough, well its collect it time. And pay cash if necessary.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I dont agree with that at all. As I said earlier, it depends on the kit. I regularly see kits that I bought for $3 in hard earned lawn mowing money as a kid going for $40 and more on Ebay.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

You've obviously been watching different auctions than I've been watching.

Reply to
C G

YEH!

I have a couple of dozenvintage kits in that ($) category!

BTW, I pay with postal MO only.

And if the deal goes sour, and the post office treats it as mail fraud.

And our Canadian Post Office gets REALLY pissed about it...

The have no sense of humour at all and will Prosecute...

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Some kits do go at bargain prices on ebay... I got a Pilot Tiger Moth for $98.00 just recently. I got lucky because they usually go for almost twice that. How about a old MW Mach 1... you are looking at $130.00 or more.. on the flip side, a MW foam Cardinal can be had for about $50. Timing is everything.. sometimes you can list a kit and it will barely sell... other times it seems everyone wants it.

Reply to
SKYLANE42