Any tips building Senior Telemaster wing in halves and mounting via bolts

Does anyone have any ideas on modifying the Hobby Lobby Senior Telemaster Kit build instructions to build the main wing in two halves (4 foot section) instead of one main wing that is 8 foot long and using nylon bolts to secure the wing halves to the fuselage instead of rubber bands?

Reply to
Scott

You could have a look at how the SuperStunt 60 is arranged - an aluminium tube fixed in one wing half takes care of the mar spar position, and a short length of ply, fixed to one half wing spans the trailing edge of the wing. Bolts through the ply into the fuse holds the wing(s) on, and keeps them together.

Could send you a pic if needed

David

Scott wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

I had exactly the same thoughts last year while I was building my Senior Telemaster. The best way to make it a two piece wing would be to use an aluminum tubing plug-in arrangement that would go about 2 feet out into each wing. That should allow a two piece wing without having to use struts as long as you use light ply ribs rather than balsa where the tubing is installed as well as to make sure that the tubing is installed right at the spars. In the end, I chose to keep it as a one piece wing simply because I DO have a way to easily transport the 8 foot wing. However, I did get rid of the rubber band arrangement and installed bolt down blocks. I bolt the wing down at all four corners using 6/32 machine screws and it works great.

MJC

"Scott" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
MJC

We have a conversion drawing for making the Senior Telemaster a 2 piece wing. Send me your address and I will send you a copy of it. I can fax them also, if you wish. It is two 8 x 11 sheets.

Thanks Randy Green Hobby Lobby International Sales Manager

615-373-1444 ext 209
Reply to
TheGreatRandini

I finally got an electronic version of the 2 piece wing conversion. Le

me know if you want me to email you a copy of this conversion, it is PDF.

Thanks Randy Green Hobby Lobby International Sales Manager

615-373-1444 ext 209 snipped-for-privacy@hobby-lobby.co

-- TheGreatRandin

this thread:

TheGreatRandini