SAd news, T&A Hobby Lobby in Burbank is shutting down

After what, 55 years at the same location, T&A Hobby Lobby is shutting its doors for good. Tony, the owner is retiring. I don't have al the details but
for those of you who never visited this place, you dang sure missed one. One look at the ceiling and all of the CL and RC models was amazing. he was a big supporter of my school's rocket project each year. I could always count on Tony to pass on building tips, advice and a huge discount to my kids. Another B&M leaving us. Sad news indeed. Fred, did you know about this? I know Tony always carried a supply of your egg lifters and other rockets. Do you think I will be able to buy a few rockets directly from you?
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow
Fred, I don't have your email. Please contact me at snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. I'm going to need some kits for sure.
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow
Well, it's in my "reply to" (one you remove the "zorch" two places) and it's also on my website that I provided a link to, but I will e-mail you directly just for fun.
;)
--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Wow. That makes me feel old. I remember working with Tony on the indoor RC flying exhibits at various hobby shows. He was very committed to getting kids excited about modeling hobbies.
T&A stands for Tony and Addie, you clowns....Addie was Tony's mom and partner in the business.
Doug Pratt www.pratthobbies.com
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I assumed it was Trains & Automobiles, or Trains & Aircraft.
-Kevin
"Is" (I hope) since she was at the AMA show and looked as chipper as ever.
--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
That's great! They made quite a team. It must have been hard for them to decide to pack it in.
Makes me realize how out of touch I am with the model airplane world. Leaving my job at the AMA and starting the rocket business 13 years ago really cut me off from it.
I have some great memories of working trade shows and stuff, but I'm happier in the rocket world. Planning for my Level 3, working with my kids at Team America, firing hybrids...life is good.
Doug Pratt www.pratthobbies.com
Reece,
Thanks for the news. Tony was a hoot and Addie something else too. Always made it a point to swing by their shop when ever I was in the area not so much for rockets but for glider info. He always took time to show me a bunch about free flight gliders and it never really bugged him that much that I was a rocket person... Last time I was there, he did have some FSI F-100's in that cabinet of his and IIRC, he had a nice Saturn V kit waaaay up there in the rafters. If you see them, please pass along my regards from Houston.
Best, Andy
Fred - Is that Captain fellow in Huntington Beach still in business?
Captain Lou disappeared several years ago without a peep.
http://www.sirius.com /
Sigh... He was a one of a kind too...