Re Sad News

I read this item with some sadness.

It has been with sadness too that I have read some of the ensuing comments. I am reluctant to enter into a debate the history of which I know little.

However as a parent who lost a 15 year old child very suddenly and unexpectdly I can not begin to describe the pain it causes every day for the rest of your life. Of course you "get over" it to some degree but you simply do not expect to outlive your children.

One of the greatest sources of strength to us were the letters, cards and messages from friends and acquantances. The original posting reflected the feelings of many and was posted to give Mr Crisp a little support. I find it reprehensible that the original sentiment expressed has been debased.

There are times when if you can not say something nice it is better not to say anything at all.

Gentleman we are engineers and as such have a pride in our proffession, are articulate and responsible members of society. I trust therefore that in this sad matter, at least, the group will conduct itself with proffessional decorum. please remove nojunk from email addy.

Reply to
GPHawksford

Mr. Hawksford,

I am sure that you have expressed the feelings of a number of us. Your penultimate paragraph says it all.

We have been subjected to a most appalling display of bad manners and lack of etiquette.

Thankyou for bringing us back in line.

Michael Whittome

In message , GPHawksford writes

Reply to
Mike Whittome

It is true that the original message of sympathy was lost in the ensuing argument. Personally, I let a fool make me angry which I suppose makes me a bigger fool.

So to repeat, my deepest sympathy to Mike and family, and although I did not know him well any such loss can only be devastating. I hope the message of support gets through.

ChrisH

Reply to
ChrisH

OK, but your bereavement is nothing to do with me and I feel nothing about it.

Your remarks below, however, seem somewhat selfish - you were quite prepared for your son to have to grieve for you, but not the other way round.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

I find the arrogance of the OP to be reprehensible because he claimed to be speaking for everybody without first consulting everybody.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

There was nothing ill-mannered nor impolite in my own posting, however, John Stevenson has a lot to answer for, and it is right that you should proscribe the bad manners and lack of etiquette that Mr.Stevenson has exhibited.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

You said it.

I agree with your sentiments quoted below.

Now, does that make you happy?

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Are you mentally ill, stupid, or just plain belligerent?

Every thread that you get involved in degenerates into an argument with you on one side, and the rest of the world on the other. If you had a technical mindset, you may consider what the common factor is. But I guess we've all seen pleanty of your technical abilities.

I bet in a power cut, you blame all the bulbs and fuses first.

Stupid boy. Grow up.

Reply to
Gary Cavie

I'm glad you agree you are a fool, yes.

ChrisH

Reply to
ChrisH

Are you sure this is correct?

Surely, if it was 'nothing to do' with you, and you feel 'nothing' about it, then what compelled you to make your original crass, inconsiderate statement, instead of retaining some semblence of acceptable behaviour by remaining silent?

After all, to reflect your argument back to you, there is much to be sad about every day, but it doesn't affect you, and you don't comment on it. So why don't you post, every day, a list of happenings that have 'nothing to do' with you, and about which you feel 'nothing'?

Is it because you are a pathetic negative-attention-seeker, justifying your behaviour as a 'stance'?

Reply to
Binary Era

In article , Gary Cavie writes

For the last time. Only because you guys continue to respond!

He's a troll. Plain and simple, and there is one *one* way to deal with trolls. Just ignore him and he *will* go away. Continue to play his game and we'll never be rid of him.

One more time. Do not feed the troll.

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

Hear! Hear! Trolls only thrive in an atmosphere of dissent and argument. Ignore their provocations and they disappear.

Cliff Coggin Kent UK

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

YOU ARE A LIAR. I DID NOT POST WHAT YOU CLAIM BELOW.

If you must twist things around, in a ridiculous attempt at school playground tactics, in a desperate and forlorn effort to save face then all I can say to you is that your behaviour is shameful to hijack a thread relating to a bereavement in order to vent your spleen with the childish and abusive nonsense that you have done recently.

Shame on you.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

I have no reason to go away, irrespective of the comments or otherwise of incurable CBers such as Gary Cavie or of escapees from the infants' school playground such as Mr.Eaton.

Indeed, I call Mr.Eaton to task for his absolutely shameful and disgusting behaviour in hijacking a thread relating to a bereavement in the way that he has done so, in order to settle old scores that have arisen from no other cause than his habit of making a fool of himself with childish outbursts.

Shame on the both of you.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

So let us all ignore Mr.Stevenson.

His behaviour in hijacking this thread relating to a bereavement in order to vent his spleen with the most appalling infantile abusive remarks in a forlorn attempt to settle old scores was absolutely disgusting and shameful.

Mr.Stevenson is a troll of the worst order. We would do well to refuse to do any business with him and hope that he goes bankrupt.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

He was speaking for everybody - you don't count Evans because you're an unemployable cretin who is a burden on society (and not a model engineer either).

Now I'm bored with you, so welcome to my killfile.

ChrisH

Reply to
ChrisH

If the best you can come up with is 'incurable CB-er' as a riposte to someone who has never used one, while you yourself have openly admitted to being a CB-er, then I suspect that your rhetorical skills are on the same level as your technical ones.

Reply to
Gary Cavie

Garath G4SDW you have a real problem and should seek professional help.

Reply to
steve h

Reply to
steve h

So sayth the master of distortion and liers.

Reply to
Gareth S Nemisis