Hobby Lobby 50% off rockets

Hobby Lobby is running their 50% off rockets (and some other unimportant stuff) special again. Here's a link to the newspaper coupon.

Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-SR ARSA #418

Reply to
Mark Hamilton

Why do you tempt me so? I'm going through therapy now for my addiction

-- Hooked on Half Price Rockets and was doing real well! Oh well, I can always reform later. Joe A. South Louisiana Rocketry #8

Reply to
Modrocket

I am sorry but my Minister Of Finance has me on a 12 step plan and I am only on step 2 (build what you have before you buy more!) and I am progressing way to slowly for her. If I should partake of another special like this without the appropriate NCR 5 copy forms being filled out properly and 180 days in advance of prospective purchase I shall surely be used as a ballistic target by our military! Of course I jest at this but many out there know what I speek of. I have way to many kits for my daughter and I to build at thia time but we will make a dent in them soon.

Reply to
nitram578

Phew, please don't let her talk to my wife, otherwise I may not be able to buy anything for several years -- I have stuff started 2 years ago that I've not completed....

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Kevin, on this matter my name is Schultz "I see nutting." "I hear nutting." "I say nutting." besides anything I say can and will be used against me in the Court of the All Powerful Minister of Finance. So we never had this conversation. I was not here. You did not read this. And I was in Cleveland at the time. Yeah that's my story and I'm a stickin to it!

Reply to
nitram578

What conversation?

...and how was the trip?

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Man....they also have a ROCK TUMBLER for 50% off!! I can now stop hand-polishing that rock, that I started back in 1971! My life is now complete!

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

We have the opposite problem. Verna bought so many the last time they had the sale, it will take us about a year at our build rate to complete them, so this time I told her we needed to pass. I just laid down the law and she understood perfectly. No argument! No discussion! I said, "Do you understand me woman?"

She looked at me, smiled, kiss my cheek and headed out the door in the general direction of Hobby Lobby.

Randy

I have to go make more room in the den before she gets back. I guess I can put the sofa on the deck.

Reply to
<randyolb

Get a different 12 step plan. I've limited myself to not buying more than 12 rockets on any one visit to Hobby Lobby during their sales. Fortunately for me, there are several stores in my area :-)

Bob Kaplow

You mean a propellant mixer?

:-)

Bob Kaplow

Dang, I didn't know Hobby Lobby carried Hobart or Kitchenaid....

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

They keep them behind the counter over in the model airplane area.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Unfortunately, my nearest store has not restocked after the "50% Off Coupon" several weeks ago (when I think I ended up buying about 20 kits). Today, I *did* buy a couple more Estes "Baby Berthas" (at that price, great for spare parts), as well as another Quest "SuperBird", which I thought had been discontinued by Quest. I think I will make this SuperBird into a D-powered "SuperBir-D".

Reply to
Greg Heilers

I WAS gone for a minute but I think I am back now. But then again ow may I be sure I was ever here/there/anywhere to begin with.....mmmmm.....must think on this further.

Reply to
nitram578

Bob, I tried that argument but it did not work something about a new car was in the negotiations.

Reply to
nitram578

I don't have a local store at all, so I have zero stock available to me.

I live in a metro area of 2.5 million or more yet the only Hobby Lobby stores in the state are 90 miles away in cities of less than 100,000.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Where do you live? I ask, since I have always been curious about large, long-built-up urban centers such as New York City. Do places like that have "Super Walmarts", or other *huge* "big box" stores (which necessitate *huge* amounts of real estate, not only for the building, but for parking...)?

Perhaps, next time we get enough advance notice for a sale such as this; you might possibly be able to find a "friend" near one of the stores in your region; so that you can take advantage of the sale. It's worth it, just for stocking up on parts, as I do. Just buy three or four Estes "Baby Berthas", Quest "Full Moons", etc. At under $4.00 apiece under the sale; its a great way to stock up on nose cones, engine mount parts, etc.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota. I thought there used to a local Hobby Lobby, but the web site doesn't list anything.

They don't have hardly any of the big box stores in NYC. Target is not there and I don't think Walmart is either. Home Depot is there, but the stores are customized and don't sell stuff New Yorkers don't need.

Target builds two level stores in downtowns of large cities. The Minneapolis downtown Target has a smaller parking ramp attached, but most shoppers work downtown and just walk over.

The only reason I would buy any Estes or similiar rockets would be to build as displays for events like air shows, school visits, and Scout displays.

I don't really have any space for more rockets until I finish up several projects at home.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Right where they should be. :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You fear your wife yet you are comfortable with Bruce Kelly and Chuck Rogers.

Ironic.

Jerry

"> So the AIAA Technical Committees have spoken. These nozzles are > aerospikes.

BATF has spoken. They were wrong. TRA has spoken. SU motor manufacturing requires a LEMP. They were wrong. You have spoken. All AT 18mm reloads are certified. You were "wrong". Question authority. They seem imperfect. I noted you snipped my suggestion. To simply coin more specific terms to address the obvious debate. It worked for me: MRT It worked for Mike Nelson: HPR magazine It worked for Gary Rosenfield: Restricted Access. :)"

Reply to
Jerry Irvine