Hobby Lobby 50% off rockets

Hobby Lobby is running their 50% off rockets (and some other unimportant stuff) special again. Here's a link to the newspaper coupon.
http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/weekly/specials/specials.cfm
Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-SR ARSA #418
Why do you tempt me so? I'm going through therapy now for my addiction -- Hooked on Half Price Rockets and was doing real well! Oh well, I can always reform later. Joe A. South Louisiana Rocketry #8
I am sorry but my Minister Of Finance has me on a 12 step plan and I am only on step 2 (build what you have before you buy more!) and I am progressing way to slowly for her. If I should partake of another special like this without the appropriate NCR 5 copy forms being filled out properly and 180 days in advance of prospective purchase I shall surely be used as a ballistic target by our military! Of course I jest at this but many out there know what I speek of. I have way to many kits for my daughter and I to build at thia time but we will make a dent in them soon.

nitram578 wrote:

Phew, please don't let her talk to my wife, otherwise I may not be able to buy anything for several years -- I have stuff started 2 years ago that I've not completed....
-Kevin
Kevin, on this matter my name is Schultz "I see nutting." "I hear nutting." "I say nutting." besides anything I say can and will be used against me in the Court of the All Powerful Minister of Finance. So we never had this conversation. I was not here. You did not read this. And I was in Cleveland at the time. Yeah that's my story and I'm a stickin to it!

nitram578 wrote:

What conversation?
...and how was the trip?
I WAS gone for a minute but I think I am back now. But then again ow may I be sure I was ever here/there/anywhere to begin with.....mmmmm.....must think on this further.

We have the opposite problem. Verna bought so many the last time they had the sale, it will take us about a year at our build rate to complete them, so this time I told her we needed to pass. I just laid down the law and she understood perfectly. No argument! No discussion! I said, "Do you understand me woman?"
She looked at me, smiled, kiss my cheek and headed out the door in the general direction of Hobby Lobby.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
I have to go make more room in the den before she gets back. I guess I can put the sofa on the deck.

You fear your wife yet you are comfortable with Bruce Kelly and Chuck Rogers.
Ironic.
Jerry
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

BATF has spoken. They were wrong. TRA has spoken. SU motor manufacturing requires a LEMP. They were wrong. You have spoken. All AT 18mm reloads are certified. You were "wrong". Question authority. They seem imperfect. I noted you snipped my suggestion. To simply coin more specific terms to address the obvious debate. It worked for me: MRT It worked for Mike Nelson: HPR magazine It worked for Gary Rosenfield: Restricted Access. :)"

WHy don't you confirm that you are making them without a LEMP and then we can get an official ruling?
writes:

Get a different 12 step plan. I've limited myself to not buying more than 12 rockets on any one visit to Hobby Lobby during their sales. Fortunately for me, there are several stores in my area :-)
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it with religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal
Bob, I tried that argument but it did not work something about a new car was in the negotiations.
writes:

writes:

1) Buy the new car.
2) Fill the trunk with rockets!
QED
"To enslave men, successfully and safely, it is necessary to have their minds occupied with thoughts and aspirations short of the liberty of which they are deprived. A certain degree of attainable good must be kept before them." Frederick Douglas, "My Bondage and My Freedom," 1855
Bob,
I bow before you oh genius of rocketdom. D'oh why did I not think of that. A personalized rebate from the car maker mmmm this has posibilities.
writes:

Mark Hamilton wrote:

Man....they also have a ROCK TUMBLER for 50% off!! I can now stop hand-polishing that rock, that I started back in 1971! My life is now complete!
:o)
--

Greg Heilers

You mean a propellant mixer?
:-)
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it with religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Dang, I didn't know Hobby Lobby carried Hobart or Kitchenaid....
-Kevin
Kevin Trojanowski wrote:

They keep them behind the counter over in the model airplane area.

Right where they should be. :)
The one down the road from me has them on the end of the aisle two rows down from the rockets. They looked like pretty cheap tumblers to me.. cheaper than the ones I used to see in the Sears Christmas Catalog when I was a kid.
Roy nar12605