Hobby Lobby 50% off rockets

Usually, that's a different sale, for plastic kits.

Randy

<randyolb

In theory...true. But I have known quite a few modelers who have picked up the large scale MRC Mercury Capsule kit under this sale. Remember the quality of sales clerks we are dealing with,,,,

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

The one down the road from me has them on the end of the aisle two rows down from the rockets. They looked like pretty cheap tumblers to me.. cheaper than the ones I used to see in the Sears Christmas Catalog when I was a kid.

Roy nar12605

Reply to
Roy Green

I got the Revell Saturn V during one of the 50% off weeks when I bought a lot of Estes and Custom kits. The cashier rung it up with the discount without batting an eye.

Roy nar12605

Reply to
Roy Green

WHy don't you confirm that you are making them without a LEMP and then we can get an official ruling?

Reply to
Phil Stein

1) Buy the new car.

2) Fill the trunk with rockets!

QED

Bob Kaplow

No, but they've frequently allowed these cross overs. Last time rockets were on slae I got the big Mercury capsule kit.

But they have plastic models 50% off just as often as rocket kits. Maybe every 2-3 months.

Bob Kaplow

Bob,

I bow before you oh genius of rocketdom. D'oh why did I not think of that. A personalized rebate from the car maker mmmm this has posibilities.

Reply to
nitram578

Yeah, same here. All these messages are just TEASING me... :-(

Eldred

Reply to
Eldred Pickett

Just got back from picking up seven kits suitable for an impromtu summer session rocket class; $33.11. The Baby Bertha's came out to $3.39 each.

They've done this for a long time and their sales have really helped me get rockets and physics into the hands and minds of many students.

Thanks, Hobby Lobby.

Reply to
Gary

I'm sorry, but that is dirt cheap.

Estes is competing with China in Penrose, CO.

And Estes.

Jerry

"The vision of Vern Estes was to DIFFERENTIATE rocketry from firearms and fireworks. Until the most recent spate of TRA/NAR/Quest/Estes/AT leaders, it was working too. Most states had "aeromodel" exemptions. ATF had a wide exemption. Federal Firearms regs allowed recreational use of BP. CPSC only wanted to protect children. FAA increased their exempt limits "the exact amount asked". ALL new restrictions have been added by NAR/TRA/Quest/Estes/AT."

- Jerry Irvine

"Model rocketry is too diverse for the Estes catalog."

- Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Estes is having kits made in China.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Why would Walmart (or *any* business) have a document stating that they do

*not* honor competitors' coupons? This would, logically and understandably, be the default policy. If *any* document was present, it would be that they *do* honor competitors' coupons. No business is obligated, legally or morally, to honor a competitor's pricing, nor "specials".

And what would Walmart have, rocketry-wise, that Hobby Lobby does *not* have? (You must have a poor Hobby Lobby, and a way-way-way-above average Walmart, in your area...lol)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

I just bought a bunch of kits at HL for a special kit-bash I'm going to call, "My Baby Bertha's Got The Screamin' Mimi Blu's"

Roy nar12605

Reply to
Roy Green

for those of you who don't have a local hobby lobby.

we(see other thread) are having a high power launch, and one of our visitors does have a local hobby lobby nearby, and offered to pick up some stuff for me.

hydrogen rocket space ship one micromax bulk set all for a price less than the hydrogen rocket

neener neener neener!

Reply to
tater schuld

Nope. Their kits are all made in China now like everything else that used to be made here.

Incorrect. First, we had to wait 9 years and sue them to get anything. W ASKED for the limits be raised to 125/1500g. Instead they gave us 101.22 which requires notification for these rockets instead of a waiver.

But they HAVE worked with us ever since, unlike other government agencies who think their jobs are to prevent people from having what should be legal fun.

Nope. New restrictions are straight from the BATFE, and from state and local laws.

Bob Kaplow

I've yet to see this any where locally.

Already cleaned out one HL of their supply of these.

My wife got one for me and one for Chris Taylor last year. No HL in his area either. I don't know if I'll have the chance to get there today, but if any one that isn't going to NARAM wants me to try to pick something up for them, just ask, and I'll see what we can do.

Bob Kaplow

They match, published price.

Randy

<randyolb

Every time I have visited the 5 or 6 nearest Walmarts; I have seen the same. They will have two, or perhaps three, of their cases of motors on the shelves...and at most, three different Estes starter sets. I have *never* seen a "non-starter-set" kit at our Walmarts.

Now, our Hobby Lobby (at least the 4 in my near area), even if in "extremely shopped" condition, always has a fairly extensive assortment of Estes and Quest kits...from the under-three-dollar price...to the thirty-and-over price.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

I picked up three BB's; I've got a couple of Excelcisor Rocketry's Goony Retro-Bash instructions/decals that I've got to build.

Roy Green wrote:

Reply to
Mark Hamilton