Hobby Lobby half off rockets, this week

    Bob Kaplow    NAR # 18L    TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD"
        >>> To reply, remove the TRABoD! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org

I think some of them in the Vegas area actually carry USR.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

I wonder if your "I think claim" can be verified?? Anyone in Vegas have a visual on those UR kits??
Fred
Um..Hobby Lobby has NO Vegas stores! http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/store/locations.cfm
(Bob Kaplow) wrote:

http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
www.nar.org

Hmmm.
Which big chain does?
BTW so much for 50% off :)
Jerry

Point. They have/had them.

I wish :)
snip
It's just on plastic models here. Rockets not included.
Randy
Randy, did you check the news print ad? It should be a nation wide sale. Sounds like the ad is the one from last weeks sale. Here is the link to the current ad on their web site. http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/weekly/specials/specials.cfm
David

the
I checked the paper ad in Sunday's paper. I haven't been to any of the stores yet. Thanks for the link.
Randy

Their ads come out on Monday here. They are not open on Sundays locally, I thought this was a chain-wide policy. I believe the ads on the website are dated to run Monday-Saturday. I have heard they won't even go into a mall where being open on Sundays is expected of tennants. Their inventory of rocketry materials is always quite variable, but they also seem to have a strange stock policy which leads them to put items on clearance rather than put a new (higher) price tag on them. That's how I found motors at half or more off the last time. Estes list went up so they cleared out the old price tag stock at as much as 60% off on end caps, with identical new stock with the slightly higher list price hanging on the regular peg. I won't complain about that. Now that I have the big bag of "E" motors, maybe I now can grab a cheap kit to try them out.
Neutrodyne
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, John H. Smith wrote:

Mine has two Trans Wing Super Gliders with non-clearance stickers at $4.99 and two at $8.99. It's nearly $20 at the local science hobby center. They gave me a $4.99 unit at half off because that's how it was stickered and they weren't going to go through the hassle of figuring out what the price should really be. Even at half-off $8.99, I think the parts alone are worth more than that for scratch building. I'm thinking about going back for the other three boxes.
-- Carl D Cravens ( snipped-for-privacy@phoenyx.net) Wichita, Kansas, US -- Read my model rocketry journal at http://raven.phoenyx.net/rocketry /
writes:

http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/weekly/specials/specials.cfm
Near the bottom, just left of center. Looks like their 4th of july rocket sale.
The nearest Hobby Lobby store for me is about a hr drive south for me. Having never been to a Hobby Lobby before do you think this sale is worth a hr drive?
Ted Novak TRA#5512
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Only one hour? I have a 90 minute drive in good weather. They only carry Estes rockets and motors and Quest rockets. But it's worth it. 50% off Estes prices is great. Another Big Daddy for high power conversion or replacement nose cone for my Pro Patriot. And the only place close to me that carries Quest. My wife and I make a day of it. We have lunch and then work off the calories as she gets to shop for clothes and I get to buy a few more rockets to add to the to-build pile.
I usually buy the Estes motor bulk pack at Michaels (there should be a 50% off coupon this weekend).
John
--

John Stein KC4RLL
NAR 74335 Sr L2
John Stein wrote:

And look for some of the close-out bargains. Some will be marked with white price tags instead of orange. I purchased several Estes Bandits, Flashes and Rampages for $1.50 to $3.00. They usually do not take the 50% off of orange tag clearance items. My best buy...an Aerotech Initiator Starter set (without motors) for $45.00.
John

carry
me
then
few
50%

I've got 3 HL within 20 minutes, either direction. Often the pickin's are slim, same with the 2 Michael's in our area. Most of the time I end up paying more at 1 of the 3 local mom and pop hobby stores that are still open. The m&p's here are hanging on because there are still enough of us around from when they were THE best thing in town. I don't know how much longer they'll be going. The RC flying stuff seems to be helping them a bit.
Randy
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:06:03 -0500, "John Stein"

Thanks for the heads-up!
Patrick
--
Patrick Harvey