Hobby Lobby half off rockets, this week

I wonder if your "I think claim" can be verified?? Anyone in Vegas have a visual on those UR kits??
Fred
Reply to
WallaceF
Um..Hobby Lobby has NO Vegas stores!

Matt Miller
Randy, did you check the news print ad? It should be a nation wide sale. Sounds like the ad is the one from last weeks sale. Here is the link to the current ad on their web site.
David
Reply to
Dlogan
I checked the paper ad in Sunday's paper. I haven't been to any of the stores yet. Thanks for the link.
Randy
Reply to
Randy
Their ads come out on Monday here. They are not open on Sundays locally, I thought this was a chain-wide policy. I believe the ads on the website are dated to run Monday-Saturday. I have heard they won't even go into a mall where being open on Sundays is expected of tennants. Their inventory of rocketry materials is always quite variable, but they also seem to have a strange stock policy which leads them to put items on clearance rather than put a new (higher) price tag on them. That's how I found motors at half or more off the last time. Estes list went up so they cleared out the old price tag stock at as much as 60% off on end caps, with identical new stock with the slightly higher list price hanging on the regular peg. I won't complain about that. Now that I have the big bag of "E" motors, maybe I now can grab a cheap kit to try them out.
Neutrodyne
Reply to
John H. Smith
The nearest Hobby Lobby store for me is about a hr drive south for me. Having never been to a Hobby Lobby before do you think this sale is worth a hr drive?
Ted Novak TRA#5512
Bob Kaplow wrote:
> Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD" > >>> To reply, remove the TRABoD! > Save Model Rocketry from the HSA!
nedtovak
Only one hour? I have a 90 minute drive in good weather. They only carry Estes rockets and motors and Quest rockets. But it's worth it. 50% off Estes prices is great. Another Big Daddy for high power conversion or replacement nose cone for my Pro Patriot. And the only place close to me that carries Quest. My wife and I make a day of it. We have lunch and then work off the calories as she gets to shop for clothes and I get to buy a few more rockets to add to the to-build pile.
I usually buy the Estes motor bulk pack at Michaels (there should be a 50% off coupon this weekend).
John
Reply to
John Stein
Well you pretty much talked me into it. Actually, after checking again it looks like I have 2 hobby lobby's about an hr or so away.
Thanx!
Ted Novak TRA#5512
John Ste> Only one hour? I have a 90 minute drive in good weather. They only carry
Reply to
nedtovak
And look for some of the close-out bargains. Some will be marked with white price tags instead of orange. I purchased several Estes Bandits, Flashes and Rampages for $1.50 to $3.00. They usually do not take the 50% off of orange tag clearance items. My best buy...an Aerotech Initiator Starter set (without motors) for $45.00.
John
Reply to
John Stein
I've got 3 HL within 20 minutes, either direction. Often the pickin's are slim, same with the 2 Michael's in our area. Most of the time I end up paying more at 1 of the 3 local mom and pop hobby stores that are still open. The m&p's here are hanging on because there are still enough of us around from when they were THE best thing in town. I don't know how much longer they'll be going. The RC flying stuff seems to be helping them a bit.
Randy
Reply to
Randy
patrick: there is a HL in Louisville and right across the river in Clarksville..maybe we can go together? theres also one in Florence but I;m sure the quarkers guys strip it clean.... shockie B)

shockwaveriderz
I have driven three hours for a HL sale :*)
All I have here is a (and I am thankful for it) HobbyTown, and they are always 100% retail!
At least I can buy fresh CA and pick over the balsa and the like.
But, MAN!, HL within a reasonable drive. I guess it depends on how much $$$ you intend to spend. With winter comming up, I'm going to snarff on the next sale they have. Plus, maybe, by then the new Estes stuff will be out!
That's what I'm really waiting for...
Patrick
Patrick Harvey
No need to. It rarely has anything anyway. I did find the Screaming Mimi that I was looking for (Patriot) and picked up a Skywriter because it was cheap and I can make several cool birds from the nose cones.
Reply to
fishhead
If you know what you want they'll ship. It cost a lot less than a 3 hour trip. You can find the phone number to which ever HL you want on the web.
Randy
Reply to
Randy

Site Timeline