Re: South Ga/N. Fl Flyers

Valdosta/Moody AFB GA, whatchaya got goin' on?

-- Josh Cowger -- NAR #81069 SR L1 -- Remove the Cookie to reply. Save Model Rocketry from the HSA!

--
--

Are there any flyers in south central/ South West Ga or North Florida area? > TIA > > Ed > >
Reply to

Hi, Josh

I would just like to have somewhere farily close by to fly, and folks to talk to, get together with, etc. It gets kinda lonely, sometimes. I'm mostly into mid-power right now, and want to play with tv, telemetry, on-board data systems, things like that. I would also like to play with KNDX and build some larger motors, without being branded a terrorist or "enemy of the people". What are you building, where do you fly? I used to servive word processors at Moody. To test the printers, I would type "Now is the time for Ed to be young, rich and handsome........But, I would settle for any 2 out of 3!" The secereteries got a kick out of it. Too bad I missed out on all 3! Oh well, thanks for answering. Hope you have a good day.

Regards Ed

Reply to
Ed

ED: thats "Noncombatant Terrorist" ............ shockie....

can you say DISAPPEAR ?

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Until the first snowfall...

Bob Kaplow

Then I'll drive even slower........8^)

I ran a newspaper route for 6 years. Had some red clay roads, up and down hills. When it's wet, it's just like driving on ice, so I learned to take it easy. I took my family out to Colorado for a vacation, and got into a "winter storm with blowing snow and snow pack". I was driving a

1978 Dodge Aspen sw, with florida tires, no chains and no snow tires. The blowing snow problem I could figgure out, but snow pack?????? I didn't want anyone to think I was a "igenarant ole flatlander" from FLA, so I didn't ask about snowpack. Silly me. Coming back through N. New Mexico and Texas, we drove into a small town on blacktop road. Cold, but everything was cool 8^). One little problem, going in blacktop, going out snow pack, about 2 1/2 to 3 inches. About 65 MILES of the stuff. My wife sees a sign saying "Capulin National Park", and you know what's next. "Honey, I've never seen a volcano, let's go out there." Me, eyes glued to the road, pucker factor about 9.75, "No, let's don't". So we go to see the volcano. Go through the visitor's center, nice exihibt, nice film, let's go home now. Says the wife, looking at the volcano, top hidden in clouds driven by Mach 10 winds, covered with snow, "That's pretty, let's go up there." Oh, $%^&. I DON'T want to drive up a 1000 ft + mountain, in snow, high winds, 6 inch ice (in places), with a Florida car and tires. I try to reason, I plead, I beg, I protest, I pout, I throw a temper tantrum....... So, we go UP the mountain, fear and pucker factor now pushing 110 +. Then, it's so pretty we JUST HAVE to get out of the car, and climb down into the cone. And explore. There is NO way I can express my happiness and joy when we finanly got back to that snowpack! Sixty-five miles of snowpack? NO problem! I've been up and over the mountain! Really, it was quite beautiful, and we hope to see it again some time. Took us 3 days to drive across Texas. I have yet to understand WHY I can drive to Denver up through Ala, Tenn, KY, Kansas and Mo in about 30-32 hours, going around Texas. It takes me 3 DAYS to come back the "short" way through Texas!

Ed

"I never wash my pickmeuptruck because the dirt is all that is holding it together!"

Ed

political correctness and 50 years of liberal ideology

America....You ever notice the ONLY people as a group that you

and this time we will kick you northerners lame and

Born in Philly, raised in Joizey and living in Detroit, this Yankee will spank any redneck that wants to make the trip up I-75. ;-) The South may rise again, but I'll guarantee you it'll be a Yankee leading the charge. Yee haaa!

Mark Simpson

Bring it on up to Detroit. I'm sure that somebody here would just love to carjack it away from you at gunpoint. ;-)

Mark Simpson

Hey Ed,

I'm not doing a whole lot right now, slowly but surely building my L2 rocket. The only launching I have been doing lately is D and below impulse at my son's school on the occasional weekend. There are no hobby shops with rocketry items in the area, heck, I'm dependant on Wally Word for minimal Estes items. The closest club fields are 3+ hours away.

Have you looked into SEARS(South East Alabama Rocket Society)? I think thats the closest club to Tallahassee.

I'm interested in cooking up my own motors also, there is nowhere nearby to fly them though so when I do get around to it I'll probably just be doing static runs for fun. There is another person in Northern Florida, I think, that makes his own motors. I've seen his web page but I can't remember his name or where the page is. He likes flying 4"X4"'s without parachutes ;).

Josh

Reply to
Josh Cowger

HARA (Huntsville)

is the club closest to Tennessee, Chuck Pierce and the bunch up north are fine fellows. We are the southeast corner of Alabama, and we don't have a summer field (yet). Our winter field was planted with cotton and will probably be harvested in November or December. Bummer.

John

SNIP

Reply to
John Stein

by political correctness and 50 years of liberal ideology

America....You ever notice the ONLY people as a group that you

again and this time we will kick you northerners lame and

Hello Mark,

I had a ggrandfather captured at Vicksburg, and another at Island No

10, Port Hudson, and Greensburg SC. I'm not really into the North vs. South thing, and don't take it seriously. All that is in the past, and we have more important problems to deal with today. Like defending the Constitution against all enemies, "foreign and domestic". The foreign enemies are no problem, and not a threat. The domestic ones are another ball of wax. I really don't want to fight anyone, being friends is So much more fun. And you meet the greatest people. Never been to Philly or Detroit, spent a week in Paramus one time. Looked out the window of my hotel and saw footprints about 18" long in the snow. Figured if that fellow really had feet that big, Fla was the place for me! I don't care if the South rises again, there are other things I really want to get to rise again, thought. 8^)

Ed

"Maybe the reason so many people get lost in thought, is that it is unfamiliar territory!"

Reply to
Ed

Hello, Josh

I thought you were nearby, but wasn't sure. I would like to try for cert., but money is problem. My dream rocket would be a 1/3 scale Viking. Or better, a full scale Viking. The largest I have flown yet is a G in my PML Phobos. Had a Mustang I flew on a E, but no ejection 8^(. It's not nearly as long as it was when I built it. The first rockets I flew, about 1959-60, I used KNSU. I 've been reading Naakas site for a while, and would like to try something bigger. I'm in the process, slowly, of building a K after his design. I have a static test stand I built, and am setting it up with a load cell. My main worry right now is being mistaken for a terrorist, mad bomber, or some other stupid thing. 4"X4"s? As in skyrocket type? Whoa............Hummmmmm.......Hummmm. Without 'chutes? I'll have to see if I can find him. Oh, well. It's back to work I go..

Regards Ed

"Work is one of those 4-letter words not really used in polite company."

Reply to
Ed

Or melt it down to make new cars...

Bob Kaplow