NAR BoD declines Wickman leadership in legislative action

FYI
- iz
-------Original Message-------
Sent: 08/24/03 05:03 PM To: snipped-for-privacy@acceptable-gains.com Subject: NAR Board Meeting Results - Defer Legislative Strategy to
ARSA
The Board reviewed your request to defer legislative strategy to the Amateur Rocket Society of America (ARSA). The Board determined that the Association cannot defer such strategy decisions to outside entities and discharge its legal and moral obligations to the membership. The Board will continue to rely on the NAR President to discharge the day to day operations of legislative matters.
Kind regards, Mark B. Bundick, President National Association of Rocketry www.nar.org
Yeah , they'd rather throw money at lawyers that sit & do nothing ......
JD

But it is a clear plan guaranteed to succeed and look good on annual reports.
Damn the actual results and outcomes. It's "not their fault."
Typical bureaucrats running a bureaucracy.
If nothing else Mark Bundick is a traditional bureaucrat supreme.
Jerry

On 24 Aug 2003 17:38:09 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@acceptable-gains.com (izzy) wrote:

We're screwed.
Jim
From what I've heard, NAR/TRA has spent MUCH more on Kyte this year, than has been spent on the lawsuit.
Now the "modified" 724 is sitting on two Senators who are threatening a filibuster. I think it's "pushing up daisies" myself
Maybe I don't have all the info, but it seems that it would have been best to let JW do his thing, and have NAR/TRA continue with the courts. Why NAR wants to keep things as they are, has me mystified......
(izzy)

It is VERY simple.
Control freaks. Meglomaniacs.
Thay cannot stand that something someone else does would help them against their will and without their full control and authority. So participating if only to screw it was mandatory for an entity with this culture.
Look at the NAR BoT votes in their totality to see s systematic pattern supporting this theory.
Oh, and don't bother looking for the board vote results from NARAM on the website. It's not there.
Jerry

You just described yourself. And Mr. Wickman.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

--
Alex Mericas

You're dead on for Jerry!
I don't know John, so I can't say there. I suspect he's one of "us", and had some contact with someone in the right place, namely Sen Enzi. Both had to be naive if they thought this might just sail past the JBGTs and their friends in congress ...

Had NAR and TRA not louodly red flagged it . . . .
Bob Kaplow wrote:

I've actually spoken with Mr. Wickman. He's the farthest thing from a meglomaniac as can be. The guy is one of the most level-headed and down to earth guys out there.
Ted Novak TRA#5512

Many people have said the same to/about me. My posts may be a bit agressive :)
Their on the right path , just need more friends & a whole lot more money . Don't forget who introduced the bill in the first place . Now they'll get off the bandwagon cause the wheels are flat.
Can we have a recall vote ?
JD
writes:

had
be
friends
<< Maybe I don't have all the info, but it seems that it would have been best to let JW do his thing...>>
You gotta be kidding me! What possible difference would it have made? Kohl, Hatch and the twits from NY and NJ would be just as opposed to rocketry deregulation with or without NAR or TRA.

They got their traction from the extraordinary cost NAR efforts of Kyte.
Before NAR stuck their limp dick into the mix this issue was well off the radar screen exactly as intended by the authors.
Jerry

What NAR cert level is needed to fly handguns? :-) First of all there's the whole "metal in a rocket" thing, but if the bullets could be used to deploy the chute, then I guess the BP's ok!

Shotgun shells work.
Jerry

<< The Board determined that the Association cannot defer such strategy decisions to outside entities and discharge its legal and moral obligations to the membership. >>
Good. It would be a dereliction of duty if they did otherwise.

That's why they are called "sheeple" and let's face it, 80% of members are sheeple.
That makes for no negative feedback on leaders except a few predictible "whiners" which they systematically ignore and denegrate which of course fully dismissing the proposals themselves as DOA.
Need proof? Just look at the NAR Board minutes from MARAM-2003.
Jerry
NAR 24333 and at the top of the ignore, FUD list. At the top of suggestions that would work if implemented list. Need proof? *I* proposed LMR.

Not. Legal bills are already over $100K.

Won't be able to answer that one i either the legal or legislative cases until the dust settles. if we win in either forum, it's a good deal. If not it's not.