NAR BoD declines Wickman leadership in legislative action

John, Do you have anything constructive to add to the debate or are you just working on your stand-up comedy routine? ;-)

Mark Simpson

FUD is the evil. I so far have flown like John is talking about.

I have told others and they say "really" ? the fatherland act took our rights away ?

I've explained to them, and they are now enjoying launches and buying motors on site and easy access off site and buy rocket stuff.

Before they heard the word, they stayed home, did not go to hpr launchs.

all because of FUD.

we have all to fear from the fear itself.

Reply to
AlMax714

Not asking about that far back. How about last year? What has changed with regard to your ability to purchase restricted access motors?

Other than that fine point, I think we're in agreement. Why does that scare me? ;-)

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

And hybrids make good BBQ starters. For grilled chicken of course.

-john

Reply to
John DeMar

That's great it works for you. Screw everybody else?

Oh, on-site flights with an on-site vendor. Didn't used to need that. But them facts are all fud.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

That alrfeadt happened (or worse).

That already happened.

Key word "if", since NAR will declare any abusive rules as "not dead", ignoring the approximately 19,000 HPR flyers that used to fly in style.

We can see that.

FUD.

They can wish for the moon to be made of blue cheese too but it will not change the pesky orange book.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Excellent news, great to hear someone is counteracting the fearmongering!

Keep spreading the word: you can buy and fly everything and anything you want to. The only thing that has changed is you need someone with a LEUP to help with onsite transactions for restricted access motors. There are many people out there willing to help. And the dealers are starting to understand what the law really requires.

It may take MONTHS to reverse the bad seed of Wickmanite FUD spread across our great land of rocketry.

Facts and evidence don't mean anything to those who wish to remain "the victim" of a confused overbearing federal agency.

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

Based on what law?

Are you EVER going to answer?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Users of non-exempt low explosives.

Only 90% of it?

10% of it?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

This is pure crap. Go hide under a rock, it's your choice, but don't drag anyone else down with you.

The only uncertainty is at which level and under which circumstances will someone need a LEUP in the future. All the scenarios, other than the paranoid conspiracies, allow us to fly whatever we want. We can hope it will be more in the future without big brother watching, but there's no reason to discourage anyone from having a great experience.

I guess you just have something in common with the originator of the phrase "the sky is falling". ;-)

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

what's really ironic shockie is that TRA were the lawless renegades who rejected NAR policy constraints. How quickly they forget.

seems the wheel has turned full circle

- iz

in it and the ARSA doesn't....The NAR/TRA is willing to

Reply to
izzy

In your opinion, of course? ;)

I personally hope the future contains as little regulation as possible, especially from the Federal level.

I also believe it is naive and completely unrealistic to have a country where anyone can make any rocket motor as large as they want without expecting some level of regulation.

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

Sigh,... one more time,...

Before 5/24 you didn't need an LEUP to purchase a restricted motor in-state. Beginning on 5/24 you can't buy one without one.

Joel. phx

"A permit, however, was not necessary if a person acquired and used explosives within his or her State of residence. The new legislation now requires that any person who wishes to transport, ship, cause to be transported, or receive explosive materials in either interstate or intrastate commerce must first obtain a Federal permit issued by ATF. This requirement takes effect May 24, 2003. "

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Sure. And how is this relevant? They are entities with or without golden approval from ARSE-UH. If the great Oz hadn't spoken, they'd still be flying rockets, and with less FUD.

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

What changed is that in-state purchases of "restricted" motors now requires a LEUP, or cooperation with a person possessing a LEUP. That limits me to club launches if I want to fly "restricted" motors.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Brilliant post.Pols respond to 1 thing, money. The ROCPAC idea could be far more effective than the rest of the ideas put forward, unless we find a federal judge who will rule on the law, which I wouldr egard as unlikely,

. I still

Reply to
a0002604

In most metropolitan areas, the reaction by most fire marshals to the phrase "explosives" is hell no. And the distance restrictions eliminate very large percentages of urban people almost immediately. So LEUPs are simply not an option for a very large percentage of people.

Reply to
a0002604

Well, there you have it. Some wish it were more than that, but it's not.

Correction: YOU CAN STILL BUY WHATEVER YOU WANT, in state or out of state. You now need any of the following (which were still required previously for out of state purchases):

1) A LEUP with storage. 2) A LEUP without storage plus contingency storage through a LEUP holder. 3) No LEUP plus a friend with a LEUP to help buy/transport/store. 4) No LEUP plus a dealer or friend with a LEUP to assist at launches.

The above is ONLY for restricted access (beyond 62.5 gram/grain) motors. Everything else is the same as before 5/24/2003. If the regulations change next year, the above will be required for >62.5 grams/motor.

The sky is not falling. Spread the word. Erase the FUD. Help people without a LEUP. Get this hobby rolling again!

-John DeMar

John DeMar

As opposed to your "everything is roses" song and dance? No, I am realisitic. We are on their radar now and as the firearms people know, regulatory creep is the status quo for our government, except we don't have any vaguely worded ammendments and the NRA offering us any protection. Politically, we are a perfect target.

Since when has our government been in the business of giving us more rights? I don't have to discourage anyone...all I have to do is attempt to explain what is going on currently. What they decide at that point is up to them. But at least they won't be making that decision blindly.

That would be "chicken big" to you. ;-)

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Great example of Fear/Uncertainty/Doubt is your response above.

The fact is that nothing is banned and HPR would be healthier if people would stop the hand-wringing and start helping others who don't have a LEUP.

If someone is the exception and flies alone and has no friends able or willing to get a LEUP, then they need to get with an organized group. I suspect that those in that category were breaking other laws to do their independent flying (no FAA waiver, for instance) before 5/24/2003. This could have a negative affect on all of us if something happened.

Of course, individuals can request an FAA waiver and fly high power without the NAR/TRA or anyone else approving, other than the land owner. I got together last weekend with a friend and flew experimental HRR motors that way.

-John DeMar

John DeMar