action: clean house

clean house - jettison the baggage and lighten the load for the climb ahead

Many feel that in order to restore member confidence, and credibility as an organization, all parties responsible for any willful fraud should be removed from any position of responsibility whatsoever, and preferably from TRA as per the articles of incorporation.

comments?

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Any particular resaon you have not posted this and your other "Actions" to TRA's private forum?

As far as I am concern, ideas and decisions about the future direction should be discussed in house. If a person voicing his opinion about TRA is not a member, then his opinion should not be considered.

Jeff Barnes TRA #2267

Reply to
Jeff Barnes

It is this philosophy by TRA leadership that has created a decade of mismanagement. Ever wonder WHY people leave TRA? Ever wonder why people don't join in the first place?

Bob Kaplow

Please see my comments to George Gassaway regarding this.

If you wanted it to be private, non-member, then don't go the non-profit route.

Ooops, you already did. And it's a one-way street (i.e., you can't go back--you would have to dissolve the corporation and turn all of the assets over to ANOTHER non-profit group).

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

What if that person was considering becoming a member? Don'yt you think that free and open discussion is a GOOD thing in general?

Mark Simpson

IZ,

OK, this whole thing is the result that you are a propaganda minister. I am tiered of bad propaganda at a time of HPR resurgance. This is a time to have good tidings, not this shit.

Now that hobbyists are comming out to launch sites in droves, Vendors are selling kits in droves,

Motor manufactures seem to be selling as much as they can make, old time rocket motor manufactures seem to be selling again, even when they are not part of the machine.

Why the ba-geezza do we need a Propaganda minister telling us all kinds of stuff, stuff from a leader that does not even care about HPR as we know it.

Go away until you can interact without this sanctimonious agenda please.

Reply to
Al Max

I agree. TRA issues are member issues.

Bob K. wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

The accurate answer is no.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

yes

- iz

Jeff Barnes wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I have two objections!

Naysaying and off-topic!

please read my comments in my posts to the "New TRA: brainstorming" thread about what the purpose of this conversation is (this framework of related threads). Then read the starting message for this thread and see if you have anything to contribute other than "this thread should not exist"

- iz

Al Max wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

expatriation is everyone's issue:

- suffering the loss of their contributions affect everyone - even prospective members

- suffering loss of association, launch access and fair consideration for market access are certainly exiles issues

and corruption is everyones issue, or should prospects have to wait to actually become members to learn of it? and are the unjustly expelled no longer victims of it?

please try to stay on topic. This thread's topic is the hows, whys and wherefors of purging criminal or otherwise toxic elements from an organization in an attempt to save its life.

- iz

RayDunak> Jeff Barnes writes:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

So not only are you trying to re-define the national rocketry organizations to your specifications and likings, you are trying to police every thread in rmr to your specifications as well? You're even worse than Jerry!

Reply to
David

Maybe he will post an executive summary of the results of the discussion WITH the support of list participants (over the objections of the leaders and listowner).

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Iz wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

There's a statementtaken out of context and totally reversed in meaning.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It's not a matter of who likes whom. Membership in TRA is not supposed to be a popularity contest. The people who SHOULD be kicked out are those that have repeatedly ripped off the members, who have commited fraud, covered up these acts, or otherwise breached their fiduciary duty to the membership

Doesn't matter one bit if you or I or any one else likes them or not.

Bob Kaplow

excuse me

although I happened to start this framework of threads, I think it is appropriate and useful for anyone, even me, to help them stay on-topic. Excessive noise to signal just annoys people who are sharing in a focused discussion, and makes the stated topic less credible [which of course is the purpose of all the off-topic naysaying].

there is an absurd number of possible threads (limited only by the maximum topic length, and the set of allowable characters), I see no reason why some threads may not be used for focused discussion.

that is precisely the justification and significance of having this organized frameworks. If someone's interest is only in the safty code, they can read and post to "action: safety code" with a reasonable expectation that other people in that thread share their interest.

it has nothing whatsoever to do with what you call my "specifications and likings". Anyone can and should post anything relevant to the topic, keeping in mind that the stated intent is a 'conversation for what might be possible' in organized rocketry, or to put it another way, 'how a vision of an honest, open and effective rocketry organization might be achieved'.

MR, HPR, EX, AM regardles of affiliation is invited to contribute to the dialog.

"off-topic naysaying" is neither "contributing" nor "dialoging"

- iz

David wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

no, just people who:

  1. commit, aid or abet crimes (like fraud, embezzlement, etc)

  1. fail in their fiduciary duties to the extent that members and/or the public are put at risk (this includes complaceny towards people #1)

are you saying you disagree?

- iz

RayDunak> Iz wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

that's EXACTLY what I said!!!

:)

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I would like to see the "pro-TRA" folks go on the record on this post.

Show balls.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine