OT-The End of Senator Hatch? Lets Hope

A top Senate Republican expressed "deep regret" Tuesday in announcing that an internal investigation of computer records found that one of his staffers had "improperly accessed" Democratic documents.

Boomer

The end? He's just starting to fit with his colleagues

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

unfortunately the only people who will lose their jobs here are the "staffers"......

shockie B)

shockwaveriderz

Yea...now they can hire more interns will blue dresses...AAARRRGHHH

Reply to
YWillshire

Funny how everyone wants to talk about "How they were gotten" and nobody wants to talk about what was in them.

The first one memo I read was probably one of the worst acts of "Party before People" I have ever seen.

The second memo i read was so racist that people should have been arrested for a hate crime.

But alas I d>

Reply to
ASW

Come on now. It's typical of liberals to ignore the message when it isn't to their advantage. This was an act committed by a Republican, not a Democrat. If it was a Democrat who stole a Republican memo, he'd be canonized like Deep Throat. And I see that nobody is mentioning that it was Hatch himself that asked for the investigation. Sure doesn't sound like the way a Democrat would handle the same set of circumstances. I wish I remember who it was that said: "Democrats get special consideration; Republicans get special Prosecutors"

Mark Simpson

Kenneth Starr?

Reply to
jsk

Well, It certainly wasn't Hillary Clinton during Watergate. ;-)

Mark Simpson

Mark Simpson wrote in news:RbGdnV7oTKLP71SiRVn- snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

So what Nixon and company did wasn't worthy of investigation?

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Nixon stated "I am NOT a crook." and Agnew stated........uh.......damn, I don't recall anything he said? Gerald Ford said "I am a Ford, not a Lincoln."........soon afterward he said, "why are the airline steps always so slippery?" :-)

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Chuck Rudy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@tradenet.nospam.net:

Something about an effete corps of intellectual snobs and nattering nabobs of negativism.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

You've jogged my memory, the only quote I recall from Spiro was to some guy in Maryland and it went like, 'No contest, your honor.' :-) Is he still alive? I'm guessing no way, but he was so far in the shadows I can't recall any news about him.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Don't forget the "nattering nabobs of negativism," and "If you want to do business in Maryland...." I'm pretty sure he didn't say "Only the little people pay taxes" although he might as well have.

My favorite, though, is by Ed Meese:

"If a person is innocent of a crime, then he is not a suspect."

And to think of all the money we waste on investigations and trials....

I always thought Meese was convicted of something, but darned if I can find it. I know he was investigated, so that means he must have been guilty....

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

Agnew Died Sept 17, 1996 see attached link

Mark A Palmer tra 08542 L3

zoot wrote:

Reply to
Mark A Palmer

The author of the web site had a great line in his article

Would he lie in an unmarked grave? He lied about lots of other things...

:-D

Thanks Mark!

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

About as worthy as Clinton's similar activities that were given a pass for many years. I just find it interesting that both parties commit the same illegal acts, but its only the Republicans that get "caught". ;-)

Mark Simpson NAR 71503 Level II God Bless oyr peacekeepers

Reply to
Mark Simpson

snip

Yes but if Clinton hadn't lied in the first place, if he had just come clean (nopun here) Starr would not have had any grounds to pursue it.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

My reaction to that whole business was - "how things have changed in the past few decades: traditionally, if the president had a secret mistress, it would have been the mistress that was the scandal; nobody would be surprised that he tried to keep her a secret. These days, there's more scandal being made over the secret than the mistress."

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Fer sure, just ask Marilyn. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

This is a perfect example of the French lifestyle vs. the wacky North American one.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine