Add hatch to drawing!

Hello
I'm using WF 2.0
Imagine a rectangle with another rectangle extruded & centered in the
middle!
When I show this in a drawing I want to cross hatch the middle
rectangle then
have a note saying what colour the hatched region is, Pantone Reflex
blue for instance!
I've created a section through the part which gave the desired effect
on the drawing, but this is not possible in all cases. I would of
thought you could, Insert / Hatch / Pick border / Apply hatch.
Hope this makes sense!
Geoff
Reply to
JimiH
The way I read it you don't want to make cross-sections. Sounds like you need to create a cosmetic. 'feature' 'create' 'cosmetic' 'sketch' Select 'regular sec' and 'Xhatch'. Pick the surface you want to xhatch, then pick the edges to create the borders. While in sketch mode you'll only see the border. When you're done it will hatch it.
Reply to
Dave Ignaczak
Thanks Dave,
I'll have a go it work on friday.
Geoff
Dave Ignaczak wrote: > The way I read it you don't want to make cross-sections. Sounds like you > need to create a cosmetic. 'feature' 'create' 'cosmetic' 'sketch' Select > 'regular sec' and 'Xhatch'. Pick the surface you want to xhatch, then pick > the edges to create the borders. While in sketch mode you'll only see the > border. When you're done it will hatch it. > >
> > Hello > > > > I'm using WF 2.0 > > > > Imagine a rectangle with another rectangle extruded & centered in the > > middle! > > > > When I show this in a drawing I want to cross hatch the middle > > rectangle then > > have a note saying what colour the hatched region is, Pantone Reflex > > blue for instance! > > > > I've created a section through the part which gave the desired effect > > on the drawing, but this is not possible in all cases. I would of > > thought you could, Insert / Hatch / Pick border / Apply hatch. > > > > Hope this makes sense! > > > > Geoff > > > > > >
Reply to
JimiH
Couldn't wait, works perfectly, a big thanks dave!
Geoff
Reply to
JimiH
Roger that.
Reply to
Dave Ignaczak
Hi Dave
One more thing, how do you modify the hatch?, I cant seem to get to the Xhatch menu to change the spacing / Angle etc
Thanks
Geoff
Reply to
JimiH
I don't think you can change the hatching of a cosmetic in part mode yet. But you can change it in drawing mode. Left mouse click on the border of the hatched area to highlight it. Then hold the right mouse button and select properties. Or use 'edit' 'properties' from the top menu. Either way will bring up the menu for the hatching. Unfortunately it doesn't change it in the part to match.
Reply to
Dave Ignaczak
Forwarding...
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Ignaczak" Newsgroups: comp.cad.pro-engineer Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 9:06 AM Subject: Re: Add hatch to drawing!
Well, Dave, I was shocked to find that you could change hatch spacing, angle, etc. in part mode. You just have to go into 'View>View Manager>Xsec', pick the cross section in question, do 'Edit>Redefine' and you get the Menu Manager crap for Spacing, Angle, etc
This sometimes selects better with the selection filter set to X-Section.
David Janes