Add hatch to drawing!

Hello

I'm using WF 2.0

Imagine a rectangle with another rectangle extruded & centered in the middle!

When I show this in a drawing I want to cross hatch the middle rectangle then have a note saying what colour the hatched region is, Pantone Reflex blue for instance!

I've created a section through the part which gave the desired effect on the drawing, but this is not possible in all cases. I would of thought you could, Insert / Hatch / Pick border / Apply hatch.

Hope this makes sense!

Geoff

Reply to
JimiH

The way I read it you don't want to make cross-sections. Sounds like you need to create a cosmetic. 'feature' 'create' 'cosmetic' 'sketch' Select 'regular sec' and 'Xhatch'. Pick the surface you want to xhatch, then pick the edges to create the borders. While in sketch mode you'll only see the border. When you're done it will hatch it.

Reply to
Dave Ignaczak

Thanks Dave,

I'll have a go it work on friday.

Geoff

Dave Ignaczak wrote:

Reply to
JimiH

Couldn't wait, works perfectly, a big thanks dave!

Geoff

Reply to
JimiH

Roger that.

Reply to
Dave Ignaczak

Hi Dave

One more thing, how do you modify the hatch?, I cant seem to get to the Xhatch menu to change the spacing / Angle etc

Thanks

Geoff

Reply to
JimiH

I don't think you can change the hatching of a cosmetic in part mode yet. But you can change it in drawing mode. Left mouse click on the border of the hatched area to highlight it. Then hold the right mouse button and select properties. Or use 'edit' 'properties' from the top menu. Either way will bring up the menu for the hatching. Unfortunately it doesn't change it in the part to match.

Reply to
Dave Ignaczak

Forwarding...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Ignaczak" Newsgroups: comp.cad.pro-engineer Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 9:06 AM Subject: Re: Add hatch to drawing!

Well, Dave, I was shocked to find that you could change hatch spacing, angle, etc. in part mode. You just have to go into 'View>View Manager>Xsec', pick the cross section in question, do 'Edit>Redefine' and you get the Menu Manager crap for Spacing, Angle, etc

This sometimes selects better with the selection filter set to X-Section.

David Janes

Reply to
Dave Ignaczak