Drawing a border around a hatch pattern

Is there an easy way for an Acad freshman to do this? I want an polyline outline of a the fire route roadways through a parking lot, and what I have is the hatched area.

Happy Trails To You

Reply to
Happy Trails

Ooopsie!

No need.

For some unfathomable reason, and with an amazing degree of foresight, Terramodel imported this particular hatch pattern as a border rather than the fuzzy stuff with which it was drawn in Acad. Possibly because of the way it was originally formed in Acad? (arcs as well as straight edges?)

Or perhaps the original author drew the border for his hatching then "hid" it, and I did not notice this in the Acad drawing.

It is distinctly odd given that other hatch patterns on the same layer

- those shading in the building pads - were imported as a zillion straight lines, with no borders! (The buildings have "borders" on other layers!)

Any suggestions from the Acad experts as to how these would have been drawn in the first place? Perhaps it might help explain why Tm did exactly the right thing upon importation. Or are my assumptions/conjectures/whatever above correct?

- Tom

Happy Trails To You

Reply to
Happy Trails

Hatching always requires a border to define the hatched area. Isolate this border via layer and create the polyline(s) from its segments. Niko

Reply to
Niko

Niko

Does Acad then not actually show the border after you hatch the area?

Or would it have been an overt (or covert) act on the part of the draftsman to hide the border?

I didn't see it in Acad, but it showed up when I imported the dwg into Terramodel.

Happy Trails To You

Reply to
Happy Trails

I can suggest 2 methods. The first being to use a lisp routine called 'Hatch Border LISP 2' available here: htt

It has minor limitations with respect to splines though.

The second is built into Autocad 2006 (not sure about 2005). In the hatch edit dialogue box select the "Recreate Boundary" button. You are then also given the option to associate the hatch to the new boundary. Very convenient IMHO.

Mike

Reply to
Mike R.

Acad hatch dialogue has the option to "Retain Boundaries". Click on 'Advanced' first (Acad R14, but somesuch in later versions, I guess).

Reply to
Brian Salt

It does not exist in 2005.

Reply to