Solid hatch pales - how??

Hi everybody
I received a drawing, printed, and in dwg format. In couple of places there is a solid hatch, but on paper those hatches gradually pale.
Example: rectangle filled with solid red hatch, printed, bottom of rectangle is solid red and as it gets to the top it is almost white. Blue rectangle right next to red one is blue all the way.
How is this done, from ACAD, or some printer setting?
Thanks in advance!
The-trooper wrote:

fascinating.
would you list the object(s) so I (we) have something more to chew on? you did say "received a drawing".
this is like no solid hatch I have ever seen.

Plain old solid hatch. On screen - filled, on paper - fades. How did they print that?? Unfortunately i have no way of contacting them (him, her... the "others" :) ).
Ooooooh. It fades on *paper*.
Could it be just a printer(head) problem?
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

No, it's probably some add on like Ron suggested, or exported and printed from some other program. It is done on facade of a building and looks absolutely great.
The-trooper wrote:

you have me curious. I would love to get a copy to that file.

If there wasn't copyright stuff i would send it to you, but i'm not comfortable with distributing other peoples work over the net, sorry. Besides, there's really nothing to it, plain 2d drawing, at least it behaves like that in acad, nothing special to see on screen.

Sounds like M-color add-on, something I'm trying to understand how to use, its basically a printer configuration program.
Could it be a gradient "hatch" per Acad '06?

That is the most likely possibility

Is the plot of a 'rendered' model?
--

MichaelB