Solid hatch pales - how??

Hi everybody

I received a drawing, printed, and in dwg format. In couple of places there is a solid hatch, but on paper those hatches gradually pale. Example: rectangle filled with solid red hatch, printed, bottom of rectangle is solid red and as it gets to the top it is almost white. Blue rectangle right next to red one is blue all the way.

How is this done, from ACAD, or some printer setting?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
The-trooper

fascinating.

would you list the object(s) so I (we) have something more to chew on? you did say "received a drawing".

this is like no solid hatch I have ever seen.

Reply to
roy

Could it be a gradient "hatch" per Acad '06?

Reply to
S. Scalise

Is the plot of a 'rendered' model?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I saw in a manual once that There's a command called PSFILL. It seems to offer a way of filling objects in thew ay you describe as it showed diagrams... but I could never get it to work.

Reply to
sw

Plain old solid hatch. On screen - filled, on paper - fades. How did they print that?? Unfortunately i have no way of contacting them (him, her... the "others" :) ).

Reply to
The-trooper

No, plain 2d drawing.

Reply to
The-trooper

Ooooooh. It fades on *paper*.

Could it be just a printer(head) problem?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

That is the most likely possibility

Reply to
uNkulunkulu

The-trooper wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Sounds like M-color add-on, something I'm trying to understand how to use, its basically a printer configuration program.

Reply to
Ron

No, it's probably some add on like Ron suggested, or exported and printed from some other program. It is done on facade of a building and looks absolutely great.

Reply to
The-trooper

you have me curious. I would love to get a copy to that file.

Reply to
roy

If there wasn't copyright stuff i would send it to you, but i'm not comfortable with distributing other peoples work over the net, sorry. Besides, there's really nothing to it, plain 2d drawing, at least it behaves like that in acad, nothing special to see on screen.

Reply to
The-trooper