Autocad to pdf

We produce A4 size Autocad 2006 drawings for a client who then sometimes prints them to pdf for distribution to his customers. We have

found a problem though - some (not all) of the drawings do not display on screen clearly when they are printed to pdf at normal screen size. If you zoom in, you can see the lines are all there and clear, but at full size it looks like there are gaps in the lines and text missing. If the same pdfs are printed on paper at A4 size, they're fine and everything is present and correct.

Our customer uses Acrobat Distiller, we've been using PDF995. The results appear to be the same from both.

I have studied the plot settings for 'good' and 'bad' drawings and can't see any difference. I have tried increasing the resolution when producing the pdf, but that makes no difference either.

Is there any solution to this? Any help gratefully received.

Wendy Parkinson

Reply to
wendy13uk

I've used CutePDF for over a year (free version) and can print form A4 to F sizes with no problems.

Pete

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Dr Fleau

I use BlueBeam. I have not had the problems you are listing. It also exports to many other file type.

I like it enough that I pay for the subscription plan.

Chet

Reply to
C Hugo

Thanks for that.

We've since worked out that the files will display properly on computers running Acrobat 6, but not on Acrobat 7. And I was naive enough to think upgrades were supposed to improve things... :-)

Reply to
wendy13uk

Thanks. I'll take a look at it.

Reply to
wendy13uk

Yes, that's what I tried and I still got the same problem. We now know the files will display properly on a computer running Acrobat 6 but not on Acrobat 7! I think Adobe will be getting an email...

Thanks for replying.

Reply to
wendy13uk

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com a écrit :