Vectorworks export to AutoCAD 2006

I have a client who uses Vectorworks (2009.) I use AutoCAD 2006. Drawings issued in dwg format from Vectorworks are extremely large and freeze my system. There are a lot of heavy solid fills and hatches in the original Are there any tricks for the Vectorworks export process to reduce file size and increase compatibility.

Alternatively are there any viewer tools for vectorworks?

Thanks

Sam

Reply to
SammyH

Here's the link to a viewer, easily found on the Vectorworks web site.

Alternatively, your client would have to do some kind of purge operation for you to take all of the troublesome objects/entities out of his file. But since I use Autodesk products exclusively I don't know whether tat is feasible. It is in Autodesk Revit Architecture, but you still lose data.

Reply to
sakoguy